Chapter 43

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 43

*

*

Niall...

"How's she doing?" Harry asked as I walked into the kitchen the following morning.

"She's fine for now. She eventually cried herself to sleep and hasn't woken up since." I told him with a heavy heart. All I wanted to do was just stay up there in bed, and hold her in my arms.

"Liam feels really bad." He frowned.

"Liam shouldn't feel bad. It's not his fault. No one knew she was going to react that way. Not even her."

"Did it make her remember anything more?"

"Harry, I just told you she's been asleep since last night."

"Oh, yeah...right."

I poured two cups of orange juice with the intent of bringing them back upstairs for me and Annabelle. I grabbed a chocolate chip muffin as well, since they're her favorite.

"When she wakes up, maybe if she's feeling up for it, we can go to the beach or do something fun. I don't know, it might take her mind off it." He suggested.

"That's actually not a bad idea." I answered, pondering the thought. "Knowing Annabelle though, she might wake up and be totally normal. Her chipper self." I smiled to myself, pushing away the momentary sadness the nights events had brought.

"Looks like you're right." Harry chuckled, looking over my shoulder.

When I turned around, Annabelle was skipping, literally skipping, into the room. She had a beautiful smile on her face as she absentmindedly hummed 'With A Smile and A song,' from Snow White. She looked like a literal ball of sunshine, which both warmed my heart and shocked me, considering what happened just hours ago. She bounced over to me and gave me a swift peck on the lips while snatching the muffin out of my hand simultaneously.

"Morning, boys." She beamed.

"Someone's in quite a good mood this morning?" Harry chuckled, seeming just as stunned as me.

"Yes, sir!" She laughed, sitting on the stool next to me and sipping her orange juice. "Sure, last night was a scare, but what's the point in being depressed about it? It happened, and that's that. Time to move on." She shrugged.

God, I love this girl.

"That's good to hear. You scared the crap out of us last night." Melanie said as she entered the kitchen with Eleanor behind her.

"Why don't we rally up the rest of the gang and go up to the beach for the day? Maybe we can go for a hike later as well. We live in Malibu, damn, let's make use of that." I suggested, branching off Harry's earlier idea of doing something fun.

Of course, I still had the paranoid thoughts invading me, knowing we were being watched, but I wasn't going to let that bug me anymore. Especially with Annabelle acting like pure sunshine, how could anybody not be happy around her? And you know what? Fine, let them watch. Let them be creeps and spy on us. Let them see how happy we were, and how much fun we were having. They wouldn't make us weak. We were strong, we were a team, and we were a family. They wouldn't break us.

They could make all the empty threats they wanted. But with all of us together, and areas full of people, they couldn't do anything.

"That's a grand idea!" Eleanor squealed. "I have to go get Louis out of bed! Louis! Get your lazy ass up!" She shouted, turning and running up the stairs.