Chapter 9

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 9

*

*

Niall...

I blinked my eyes a few times as I stared back at Melanie. The room was absolutely dead silent. Everyone was waiting for me to burst. "I'm sorry, Melanie. Can you repeat that? I don't think I heard you correctly." I said in a calm and low voice.

She nervously glanced to the side before looking at me again. "They know." She gulped. "They know she has amnesia, and they want to take advantage of it. They're going to look for her, and they most likely won't stop till they find her."

I stared at her incredulously. "And you left her at your house? Alone?"

She looked at a loss for words. "She-she's with my mum."

"And does your mum know what's going on?" I spoke lowly, feeling my body start to shake.

"I, well, uh..um, no.." She sputtered.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to remain as composed and steady as I could. "She can't stay here." I said after a few moments of deafening silence. "Mullingar. Ireland. She can't be here anymore."

"That's why we're all here. To come up with a plan." Liam explained.

"If those two sick fucks come anywhere near her, I swear I'm gonna..." My voice cracked with anger. I locked my fingers together trying to calm myself down.

"They're not going to get anywhere near her. Not on my watch." Harry seethed, looking equally as defensive and pissed as I was.

"We first need to get her out of Ireland, but how do we do that when she doesn't remember anything? She's gonna ask questions." Eleanor asked.

"We can just tell her that we're all going away on some kind of vacation." Harry answered.

"And she's just going to willingly go to some other country with a bunch of strangers?" Zayn brought up, making a good point.

"I don't think she'll have a problem with that." Melanie started. "She's pretty cool with you guys. I just think the only problem is that-"

"She won't want to go anywhere with me." I finished for her, saying what I knew she was thinking. She confirmed it when she looked sadly into my eyes, and I couldn't help but feel a little hurt.

"Niall..." She sighed.

I simply averted my eyes and ignored her. "It's best that she doesn't really know why. Having her know that there's two people after her will only scare and confuse her. And I don't want her any more scared or confused than she already is."

"Niall's right." Louis agreed. "We can't say anything to freak her out. And the less she knows, the better. It will give us a better angle to protect her from."

"Yeah. It would definitely be best to go that route." Zayn chimed in while the rest of us hummed in agreement.

"Now we just have to figure out where we're gonna go. And are we all going?" Liam asked.

"Yes." I said immediately. "We're all going. The more people she has looking after her, the better. Plus, seeing you guys everyday might spark memories from her." I closed my eyes again and exhaled before continuing. "I'm going to have to rely on you guys to watch over her, okay? I'll watch and protect her from a distance, or maybe even see if I can track down those pricks."