Chapter 11

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 11

*

*

Niall...

"Ladies and gentleman, please take your seats and buckle your seat belts, we will be departing shortly."

"Harry, sit the fuck down." I whispered as I whacked the big moron next to me.

"Sorry, I was making sure they were all okay." He muttered while sinking down into his seat.

"Dude, they're fine. Now shut up and sit." I scolded.

"Whoa, bossy." He teased.

I rolled my eyes at him and looked ahead as the plane started rolling forward towards the runway. It only took me a moment before I found our friends about ten rows up.

More importantly, Annabelle.

She looked all smiles as she chatted to Melanie and Liam who were next to her. Louis was in the seat in front of her, with Eleanor next to him, and Zayn on the aisle. 

"Ha, look at Zayn." Harry chuckled as we watched the old woman across the isle from him, poke him in the face, probably telling him what a cute young man he was.

"Hey, you're not far off." I joked, glancing over at the creepy old man next to him, that looked like he was gonna freak out at a war flashback any moment.

"Ha. Ha. You're just happy you got the window seat." He moped.

I simply laughed and turned to look over at Annabelle, who was no longer talking to Melanie, but instead was looking curiously out the window. The only time she'd flown before was when she came to Ireland. But I doubt she remembered that right now, so this was basically like her first time flying.

God, I hope she's not scared. I wish I could've sat next to her and held her fragile little hand.

"Man, this morning was shit. I nearly overslept, and I woke up to an emotional mum, and a sister who couldn't wait to hear the car drive off."

"You're being dramatic. I'm sure Gemma will miss you."

"In your dreams. What about you? How was your morning?" He asked.

"Good. My mum was really emotional and kept asking a million times if I had everything. I also talked to Louis a little to ask if Annabelle was feeling okay with all this." I explained.

"I'm sure she's fine. She's probably a mixture of tired and excited like the rest of us. Like really, Niall? Did you really have to book a flight at the ass crack of dawn?" He complained.

"Oh, relax. It's seven in the morning, not two. It could've been worse. And besides, now we'll land in the morning over there and get to walk out to nice warm sunshine." I tried to reason, but only earned a groan.

"Jet lag is gonna suck."

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window just in time to see the plane gaining speed and lifting off the ground. It felt good to sit back, and relax. This past week had been so hectic with the packing, and making sure that everything perfectly goes according to plan. Even getting on the plane was a chore. Since they board front to back, I had to hide behind Harry, and dart by as fast as we could. If she saw me, everything would be ruined. There was no way she'd go anywhere with me. Luckily, Louis saw us and kept Annabelle distracted.

I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. I could watch her later. I think it'd best if I try to get some much needed sleep right now.

*