Chapter 45

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 45

*

*

Niall...

My shaky fist clenched tightly around the glass of water as I slowly made my way back upstairs. Today just turned into a nightmare too quickly for my liking. 

She bumped into him. She actually had physical contact with him. He planned it that way on purpose. I couldn't help but feel sick to my stomach. That was real bold of him to actually approach her in public like that, with all of us around. Regardless though, it was my fault. I shouldn't have let her run away from me like that, playful or not, knowing that they were around, waiting to strike. 

But they will not get her. I won't let them. 

I pushed open the door to see her just as I had left her ten minutes ago. She was still cutely curled up in my bed, playing a game on my phone. 

"Niall, look!" She chirped when she noticed my presence. "I just won Peter Pan!" She happily cheered, showing me the screen. Since we'd been keeping her in the house most of the past few weeks, she'd taken up a new favorite game app. It was some emoji game with Disney characters.

"Nice, babe. You've been on a roll with that, haven't ya?" I scooted into the bed next to her.

"I know! I want Tinkerbell so bad though. Just look how cute her emoji is." She awed. 

"You're cuter." I nudged her. My best bet in not thinking about this Nick thing, and attacking my own conscious, was to focus completely on her. 

"I agree to disagree." She stuck her nose up cutely. 

"You're just proving my point for me." I chuckled. 

"Whatever." She brushed me off. "What's everyone else doing?" 

"No one was downstairs at all, and it was pretty quiet. So everyone's either in their rooms or by the pool."

"Why don't we go to the pool then? Besides, our beach trip got unexpectedly ruined, and I only got to literally step in the water only to be dragged out." She pleaded, obviously really wanting to swim. 

Pulling us both out of bed, we started heading towards our backyard. The closer we got to the gated pool area, the louder it got, telling us our friends were indeed all out here. 

"Hey guys." I shouted over to everyone while grabbing Annabelle's discarded clothes, laying them on a chair. 

"Hey, mate." Harry greeted as I waded into the shallow end. "How's she handling everything?"

"She was really distraught at first, but she's fine now. I think she just feels like there's nothing really she can do about it anyway, so she's deciding to not let it bother her." I explained. 

"That's good, I guess." Zayn butted in. 

"Yeah..." I sighed. "I just still wish we didn't have to deal with this at all." 

"I get ya." He agreed. 

Harry swam off towards the deep end, leaving me and Zayn alone. "How are things going with you and Mel?" I asked him, causing him to slightly blush. "Don't get all shy on me now." I teased with a grin. I wanted to tease him more, but that would be very hypocritical of me, since I was way worse when it came to my princess. 

"Things are going really good, yeah." He shyly smiled. 

"That's good. Annabelle and I always joked that you two would look good together." I told him.