Chapter 7

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 7

*

*

Niall...

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked Zayn as we stood outside the pub, staring at the door. Harry, Louis and Liam were already inside, and Zayn was the one who had come to collect me.

"You'll be fine. The four of us are here to make sure you don't do anything stupid." He reassured me.

"I'm just...I'm scared I'm gonna get in too deep and lose control of my mind again and..."

"Have a repeat of that night?"

I scoffed. "I don't know which night you're referring to exactly, but I'd rather not have a repeat of either of them."

"And you won't. I'll make sure of it." He gave me a small smile and a pat on the shoulder.

We then proceeded to enter the small little pub. I looked around to see it was among the nicer pubs in Mullingar. It was clean and neatly organized. There was a fair amount of people in here, and there was traditional Irish music playing at a reasonable volume. It gave off a calming vibe, and the relaxed atmosphere made me feel a little less nervous about something bad happening.

We immediately spotted the other three boys, and made our way over to them. "Aye, look who's finally arrived!" Louis cheered along with the rest of the boys. Zayn moved to sit next to Louis, and I rounded the table to sit between Liam and Harry. 

Harry placed a drink in front of me. "I got you a pint, but you don't have to feel obligated to drink it if you don't want it." He said at a volume only I could hear. I had talked on the phone with him this morning, telling him I was afraid of having a repeat of the last time I got drunk.

The night of her birthday.

"Thanks, mate. I'll drink it. Just one or two won't hurt." I smiled before leaning into his ear. "Just make sure I don't drink anymore than that."

He stifled a chuckle. "Niall, if you only have one or two, I think you'll be able to make your own judgement on having more."

"Please." I pleaded. He saw the glaze of fear in my eyes and nodded. 

"Of course, Niall. I got your back." He wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Alright, so first things first," Harry stood, gaining the attention of the other three, "it's been nearly a year since we've all been together, but here we are."

We all cheered at his words.

"So now I'd like to make a little toast, as cheesy as that sounds."

"Your whole being is cheesy, Styles."

"Shut it, Payne." He playfully glared. "Now, as I was saying. A toast. We've come a long way in the past six years of being friends. From small little thirteen, fourteen and fifteen year old boys, we endured a lot. But I'm proud to say that we stuck together through everything, and remained as each others rocks. We lost one of us nearly a year ago, and nearly tore our heads trying to find the little twat." Harry said cheekily while leaning down towards me and my surrendered hands. "But we eventually found him and formed our rat pack again."

"Aw, Harry. Just cause you look like a rat, doesn't mean you have to call yourself one." We all chuckled while Harry flipped Louis the bird.

"Anyways, here we are now as eighteen, nineteen, and twenty year olds. Finally graduated and of age so a certain Donny ass can't rub it in and make fun of us anymore." He side eyed Louis, causing us to laugh again. "We may be in the middle of a tough time now, but I have faith, and am certain we will get through this. Together."