Chapter 27

Walking Through the Time Capsule 

Chapter 27

*

*

Niall...

"I cannot believe you guys are making me do this." Annabelle grumbled as we walked through the Universal Studios gateway.

"Yeah, I know. This is animal abuse." Eleanor groaned in agreement.

"It's alright, babe, I'll protect you." Louis said to his nervous girlfriend.

Everyone, including me, thought it would be fun to go to Halloween Horror nights tonight. Well, everyone except Annabelle and Eleanor that is. No one else really minded scary things, but the two girls just couldn't stomach the thought of it. I always knew Annabelle hated scary things, but I vowed to stay by her side the whole night. She didn't object, which made my heart fuzz with warmth.

"Niall, are you sure this is a good idea?" She whispered to only me.

"You'll be fine. You've got the seven of us to make a human shield around you. And I'll protect you, I promise." I assured her.

"Did we really have to come here on Halloween? It's going to be ten times scarier?" She whimpered.

"You'll be fine." I sad as our tickets were scanned, and we were immediately being ushered into the park by workers to keep the line moving.

"Which one should we do first?" Liam asked excitedly.

"We can always hit up the minion ride and then leave?" El offered pathetically.

"I heard the line for the terror tram gets really long, so we should head to that first." Harry said, causing Annabelle to clutch onto me.

"Terror tram? I don't like the sound of that."

"It's the same thing as the normal studio tour tram we went on. Just when we get to the Who-ville part, we get off."

"What's there when we get off?"

"Uh....the purge maze."

Her eyes widened.

I'm not gonna lie, I felt like a complete asshole. A small part of me knew how scared she gets and wanted to take her home, but the bigger, asshole, part of me, wanted her to cuddle up to me for protection. I know, it's lame, but I needed to feel like she needed me and my comfort. What better way than to take her through some of the scariest mazes in California on Halloween? But to be fair, it was Louis and Zayn's idea to come in the first place.

"So are we splitting in to pairs or-"

"NO!" Annabelle and Eleanor quickly shut Liam up. "We're most definitely not splitting up." Eleanor said, looking like she wanted to hit him for even suggesting that.

"Alright, alright." He put up his hands in defense. "We'll all stay together. Now let's get in line before it gets super long."

We all made our way to the line for the trams, and since we got to the park so early, we got right on a tram with no line. The two terrified girls, though, weren't too thrilled. "That gives me less time to prepare myself." Annabelle whined.

I could feel her body extremely tense against me. The whole ride up to the lot, she continued to clutch onto my arm.

"I can understand the boys, but Melanie, how are you not horrified?" El asked from the row behind us.

"I live for this stuff." She replied. "Getting scared is fun."

"Fun?" Eleanor scoffed. "You're idea of fun is twisted."