Chapter 8

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 8

*

*

Niall...

"Niall. Niall! Open this fucking door!"

I was woken up by the sound of Harry shouting and banging on my door. I groaned and shoved a pillow over my ears. I had a pounding headache from how hard I cried last night. I was only a little tipsy last night, so I know it wasn't from that. But I knew for certain that his relentless banging was not helping at all.

"Go away!" I shouted back.

"No! Not until you open this damn door and talk to me!" I picked up my half drunken water bottle, and chucked it at the door.

"What?" He scoffed. "Do you think throwing a sock at the door is gonna scare me away?" He laughed.

"It wasn't a sock." I called back.

"Whatever it was, your aim is weak and shit."

I rolled my eyes and dragged myself out of my comfortable bed.

"Am I gonna have to break the door down?"

"Jeez, fuck, I'm coming! Damn." I snapped as I yanked the door open. He had his fist up like he was about to bang again. "There. Happy?!" I sneered sarcastically and walked over to my bed again.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was last night?" He complained from directly behind me.

"You had nothing to worry about."

"Nothing to worry about?" He laughed in humorless shock. "You leave the place after having a few drinks, looking like you're about to have a mental break down, tell me you're going to get a taxi, and then don't text me to let me know you got home okay. I really had nothing to worry about, Niall?" He sounded irritated with me.

I plopped my bum on the edge of the bed, and crossed my arms like a little boy getting scolded. "I told you I would call you in the morning." I mumbled, feeling a little guilty.

"It's five in the evening, Niall!" He exclaimed.

I glanced at the clock to see he was right. I then looked at the floor, feeling ashamed.

"You can't keep doing this, Niall."

"Don't be so dramatic, Harry." I sneered.

"Dramatic? I'm being dramatic?" He scoffed. "Yeah, cause I'm the one locking myself in my room and not doing anything in trying to fix the situation I'm crying about."

"Fuck you." I spat, glaring at him, feeling a little offended.

"Niall, you're the one who's being dramatic! It's been a week!" He shouted. "We get that you're upset, we do. And we let you have a little time to yourself to be upset. But this is ridiculous! We are all trying to fix this and trying to spend as much time with her as we can, and you can't do that if you're locked in your room, too consumed in your own heartbreak to care!" He yelled, causing me to stand up and face him.

"Hey, don't you dare tell me I don't fucking care! I care about her more than all of you guys combined! Don't fucking say shit like that to me!" I seethed, feeling anger slowly start to creep in.

"Then act like it!" He yelled loud. "We all think it's time you leave this damn room and try to do something to fix this rather than whine and cry about it."

"What? Is this a fucking intervention now?" I got in his face.

"It might as well be." He snapped. "You need to get your head out of your ass and stop complaining about something you can do something about."