Chapter 6

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 6

*

*

Niall...

As we pulled up to the restaurant the boys had picked, I felt my heart sink a little. Harry seemed to notice the saddened look that covered up the slight bit of cheerfulness that I put on before.

"Hey, you alright?"

I shook it off and gave him a quick fake smile. "Yeah, it's just... there's a few nice memories here and it's quite a special place between me and...someone."

His eyebrows raise a little bit. "Oh, Niall, I'm sorry. I had no idea." He quickly apologized. "I can run in and go grab the boys, and we can pick somewhere else if you'd like?"

"No, no, it's okay." I stopped him. "I'll be fine." I gave him a reassuring smile. "Besides, maybe it will help cheer me up and give me a boost of hope."

"Maybe." He smiled back.

We both climbed out of the car, and I let him walk in first while I lingered in the front for a moment to look up at the sign...

*

"We have arrived." I said cheekily, trying to sound like a fancy chauffeur.

She looked up from her phone, and her eyes widened and sparkled with happiness when she saw the restaurant I had brought her to.

Uncle Dee's Diner.

Our favorite diner we used to come to when we were kids. We nearly came here every Sunday until I left.

An instant smile spread across her face, causing my heart to warm at least a thousand degrees. "Ya remember this place?" I asked, unable to keep the goofy grin off my face.

"Of course I do. I'm so glad you thought to bring me here. I haven't been here since you left." She said, causing my eyebrows to crease. "You haven't? Why not?"

"Um, it, it just didn't feel right coming here without you." 

"Cool, then this is our first time back here in five years. Let's celebrate and pig out." I cheered as I got out of the car to help her out.

"You'd pig out whether it was a celebration or not." She joked and I laughed happily as we walked into the diner.

*

I quickly swallowed down the tears that were threatening to spill at the thought of never seeing her smile because of me again.

Pull it together, Horan.

I opened up the door to the diner and stepped inside. I sucked in a sharp intake of air when I saw where the boys were all sitting. Our special booth.

Did they really have to fucking sit there of all the empty damn booths in this place?

I huffed but made my way over anyways. They didn't know any better, so I wouldn't take it out on them. I plopped down on the empty seat next to Zayn on the edge. I instantly felt a weight press down on me once my body made contact with the seat.

"Hey, Niall. Haven't seen you in quite a while." Louis joked from next to Harry, across from me. I simply smiled in response, afraid to open my mouth and have something other than words come out. I looked at Zayn to give him a slight nod, and then leaned forward to do the same to Liam, who sat next to him.