Chapter 12

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 12

*

*

Annabelle...

I stared out the car window with wide eyes of absolute astonishment. "I told you California was amazing." Harry smiled from the drivers seat in front of me.

I smiled back at him through the rear view mirror. "I see why you chose it as our vacation spot."

"Yup. I can't wait to show you guys around." He stated proudly.

After five more minutes of everyone ogling at the scenery outside, we finally pulled up to a very large and beautiful house. My eyes widened even more, though I thought it was impossible to do so.

"Wow." I heard Eleanor breathe from beside me. "This looks even nicer than the pictures."

"Welcome to our new, I mean, temporary home!" Louis exclaimed.

"Girls, you go on in first." Liam said. The four boys rounded to the back of the car while us girls started running up to the driveway, full of squeals.

Melanie was the first to pull the door open, causing the three of us to gasp. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside. We all made our way to the fully furnished living room and stared at the huge flat screen tv. There were about three full couches filling the room, as well as a love seat, and two single seat recliners.

"This is officially my favorite room in the house." Eleanor lazily teased while plopping down on a couch.

"You haven't even seen our bedroom yet, love." Louis teasingly smirked as he walked in with two suitcases.

The girls and I stood frozen for a minute before we simultaneously broke off sprinting to the stairs. "Everyone's names are on their doors!" Harry shouted from the entry way.

When we reached the hallway, we saw that he was right. Everyone's names were printed on a piece of paper on their respective doors. There wasn't a name written on the first door I passed, so I kept walking down the hallway, passing by Zayn's name. I saw a door with both Louis and Eleanor's names on them. The door next to theirs had Liam's name, and across from his was mine.

I took a deep breath as I grabbed onto the handle. This would be the first room of my own that I would remember having. I only knew staying in Melanie's room right now. I slowly turned the knob and pushed the door open. I couldn't help but let out a gasp. It was absolutely beautiful.

The walls were a beautiful bright blue, and the ceiling was white with pretty detailing on it. There was a small couch and table in one corner, a desk in another, and another small chair in the farthest end. The bed looked like the most comfy thing I'd ever seen in my life. The window took up nearly the whole wall on the opposite side of the room, and gave me the most perfect view of the ocean outside. As I walked closer, I realized that half the window was actually glass french doors that lead out to a balcony. Even better.

I walked over to the doors and opened them, stepping into the beautiful morning air.

Jet lag was going to suck, but with a view like this, I think I'd be alright.

I sat on one of the little couches that was out on the balcony, and marveled at the sight. The ocean and beach was a little far away, since the house was a little more in town, but the house being on its own little hill gave us the perfect view of everything. I kinda felt bad for everyone on the opposite side of the house. They had to look out at the city, which I'm sure was still beautiful, just nothing compared to the sea in my eyes. There were two other balconies on each side of mine. One of them being Zayn's, and the other I assumed was either Melanie's or Harry's, considering they're the only one's left that I didn't see a door for yet. I was proven correct when she stepped onto it and gasped a little.