Chapter 40

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 40

*

*

Niall...

"Disney today! Disney todaaaayyyyyyy!" Annabelle sang and shrieked as she excitedly bounced around my room.

The pure joy on her face, and her adorable nature, made me smile. It made me forget, for a fleeting moment, about the dark cloud cloaking my shoulders.

"Disneyland! We are going to Disneyland today!" She squealed while she twirled and leaped onto my bed. I started to chuckle as she began to jump on my bed in circles. It was such a relief to see her so happy and cheerful. It did wonders in lifting everyone's moods, especially mine.

I was worried that after her breakdown early Sunday morning, she'd be depressed and fragile. But to my surprise, she shot out of bed that morning, cheerful as ever. It was good though. Everyone was on edge from the events of the weekend, and Annabelle's joy made everyone feel more at ease.

"Princess, calm down before you hurt yourself." I warned with a laugh.

"Niall, how can I calm down? I'm going to the place I've always dreamed of going!" She shrieked in excitement. "I'm going to the land of my darlings!" She squealed again, waving her arms and plopping down on the bed finally. "I get to meet and hug all my darlings! I get to meet Snow White and Minnie and Aladdin and Cinderella and Rapunzel and oohhhh PETER! I can finally hug Peter Pan. Oh gosh, I think I might cry!" She ranted in one breath. I just stared at her in awe, so amazed at how much happiness could be filled in one tiny girl. "It's going to be the best day ever! And don't you dare tell me it's not real, okay?! It's not a girl in a costume, it is my darling Ariel, understood?" She scolded me, making me laugh again. If anyone was in love with Disney, it was my girl.

"Of course." I smiled, walking over to the bed and standing in front of her. "I wouldn't want to spoil your magic." I said honestly, grabbing her hands and leaning down to peck her lips. "And the Disney people may be your darlings, but you're my darling."

She blushed feverishly. "Alright, as long as you don't fall for one of the Princesses."

"Never. You're my Princess." I kissed her again.

"I don't know about that." She joked in a playful tone. "I heard Belle is quite a beauty."

"Good one." I laughed, pulling away to finish getting ready. She had already been ready for the past hour though. She had on simple jeans and sandals, and wore the cute Rapunzel sweater I bought her during Christmas. It was her favorite princess, and movie, so it was the perfect gift. I would've been done getting dressed already, but I spent the last twenty minutes trying to calm my child of a girlfriend. It was alright though. I wouldn't want her to be any other way.

I finished brushing my teeth, and stepped back into my room, where Annabelle resorted to mindlessly scrolling through my camera roll, and threw on my Mickey Mouse jumper. She looked up, and awed at my clothing choice, before she gasped as she remembered something. Her hands flew up to the top of her head.

"We don't have any ears!"

I simply grinned at her. "Ah, that reminds me..." I sauntered over to my desk and pulled out two things. I turned to her and held up the sparkly Minnie Mouse bow ears I bought her, and my own Fantasia Mickey ears.

"Aw, they're so cute and matchy! You're officially the Mickey to my Minnie now." She smiled, placing the sparkly ear headband on top of her head, allowing her long brown curls to fall freely around it. "Now let's go! The park opens in two hours, and we have to drive an hour and a half to get there!" She grabbed my hand and started dragging me out of the room. Luckily I already had my phone and wallet in my pocket, or it would've been left behind in her rush.