Chapter 57

*read with caution

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 57

*

*

Annabelle...

"Have you ever noticed how bright your eyes light up anytime something even remotely related to Disney is brought up?" Niall chuckled, playfully rolling his eyes as he noticed the look of bubbling happiness on my face.

"Of course not, silly. I'm not staring into a mirror when it happens." I teased.

"All I did was say the word 'lantern' and you've managed to become a giggling mess." He laughed lightly while continuing to pull me along the waters edge.

"Well, what can I say? You've brought it upon yourself by allowing a Disnerd into your life." I shrugged.

"Disnerd?" He burst out laughing. "I cannot believe you just said that."

He stopped walking, and sat down on the shore, pulling me onto his lap. We fell silent as he cradled me to his chest. I stretched out my legs over his crossed ones, so my bare toes could be tickled by the low tide waves.

"We should start a record. I think we come to the beach more than anyone in all of California." I giggled proudly.

"I quite like it. It's very convenient living so close to the ocean. I did a good job in picking a house."

"Yeah!" I squealed. "And I love how it's mid March and already so hot."

"Except right now though." He commented, pulling me closer to him, referring to the darkening sky and chilled breeze that the night was drawing in. He cupped his hands around mine to warm me, although I wasn't very cold.

"It reminds me of home." I whispered. "Of our spot."

"You're right, it does. Though nothing could replace it, this is a good alternative." He agreed.

"Do you think it's still the same?" I asked him. The last time I remembered going was before we graduated.

"I think so. No one really ventures that far into the woods but us."

Feeling satisfied with his answer, I snuggled up to his chest. "I'm so glad I have you. I love you."

"I'm glad you remembered." He teased, earning a nudge from me. "I love you, too...my Princess."

I admired the twinkle in his bright blue eyes, briefly, before I started to lean towards him.

"Get the hell up!"

I briskly pulled back as an unfamiliar voice echoed in my ears. What? I don't remember this happening?

"Annabelle? Are you okay? What's wrong?" The concern spread over his features.

"I...I don't know. This is wrong."

"I said get the hell up, bitch!" I heard a voice again shout in my ear, just as a sharp pain burned my cheek.

"Ow! What on earth?" I shrieked, gripping my cheek.

"Darlin', what's going on? Talk to me?" Niall said more frantically. "You're bleeding!" He yelled.