Chapter 47

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 47

*

*

Annabelle...

"Come on, don't be like that, baby. You know you love it!" 

I froze. 

You know you love it.

Where had I heard that? That sounded like something those awful boys would say to me. But no, something about how Niall said it seemed much more familiar.

"Annabelle? You alright?" I heard him ask.

I finally looked up into his eyes when he was a few feet away from me. Maybe something in his eyes would help me remember.

"Come on, you know you love it." He said lowly as he sent his breath down my neck.

"You...you've said that to me before." I said out loud. It was definitely him. But something about it felt off. It didn't feel like there was a sweetness behind it. Something was wrong.

"I did?" He questioned. "Annabelle?" He quietly whispered as I stared at him, obvious confusion in my eyes.

*

"NIALL!" I flung myself into his arms.

"What the hell?! Get off me!" He shoved me off with such force, that I ended up on the ground. I was shocked, and a little hurt at first. I looked up into his eyes and waited for the flash of recognition, and the smile that he'd beam before throwing his arms back around me.

But that never came though.

Instead, he looked at me like I was completely crazy.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

My smile dropped and I quickly scrambled off the ground.

"W-what?" I was so confused. I was about to open my mouth again when Nick, Logan, and Connor came up with a few of the others jocks trailing behind.

*

"Stop. Please."

He stuck his hand up my shirt and touched me in a way I never imagined he would. If he didn't stop now, he'd surely see the contents of my stomach on him. "Niall, please don't touch me."

I tried to remain calm and mask the fear, but it didn't take a genius to see how bad I was failing.

"Come on, you know you love it." He said lowly as he sent his breath down my neck.

*

All too quickly, everything flooded back, leaving me breathless and gasping for air. Flashes of everything he did to me, burned my brain. All the cruel things he said to me, the names he called me, along with all of his friends. The countless and horrendous ways he physically violated me in both the girls and boys bathroom. When he nearly choked me to death for being in our spot by the lake.

The glass I was gripping tightly to my chest, unwillingly dropped from my hands. Tears started to build up in my eyes as I felt hurt and betrayal searing my heart.

He started to take a step forward, lifting up his arms towards me, but I took an abrupt, cautious step back. "D-don't come any closer." 

"Annabelle, what do you mean?" He asked softly. "Princess, wha-"