Chapter 63

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 63

*

*

Niall...

Her eyes shot open, so wide and so fast, that I thought they would pop out of her head. Her mouth sucked in a deep gasp of air as the life came back to her. The dead silence of anticipation that filled the room before, quickly left. The room came alive with the awakening of Annabelle.

She immediately started to scream and gasp, choking on air. She started thrashing around in the bed, as tears started to redden her eyes. We all instantly jumped up to try to steady her. Melanie, who was across from me, grabbed one of her flailing arms. I gripped her shoulders and forced her back onto the mattress, afraid she would damage her already broken body more.

"Please! Let me go!" She wailed, squeezing her eyes shut and continuing to fight our hands. 

Louis, Harry and Zayn were having a hard time restraining her legs, just as Melanie and I were struggling. Liam and Eleanor had left the room to get the doctors. For someone so battered, it's incredible how strong fear could make a person.

"Don't hurt me! No more!" She screeched. "I can't take anymore."

Tears started flooding out of my eyes. It was apparent that she wasn't here. Her mind was still trapped in that horrid basement, refusing to believe otherwise.

"Annabelle," I tried to soothe her, "please calm down. I'm right here." I cooed.

"Help me!"

"You're okay. It's Niall. Niall's right here." I tried to whisper as close to her ear as I could, without butting her shaking head.

"Niall! Niall, please!" She screamed out for me, twisting the words into a plea for help, still not acknowledging that I was right there with her.

"Out of the way!" I heard the doctor before I saw him.

Louis moved away from my side, clearing a gap for the doctor to get in. He quickly grabbed her arm out of my grip, and shot a syringe into her. He, and the nurse that accompanied him, both looked as frantic as all of us.

As the medication seeped into her veins, her thrashing limbs began to get slower and weaker, until she was limp on the bed. Her screams dwindled down into harsh sobs, then quickly went from soft cries, to mumbles and whimpers. She started mumbling my name, still pleading and weeping for help. 

"Darlin', I'm right here." I breathed, stroking her cheek.

It seems I finally got to her, because her clenched eyelids weakly fluttered open, meeting my gaze. "Niall?" She tiredly wheezed out.

"Yes, that's it." I cooed once more. "Niall's right here."

Before anything else could be spoken between us, her eyes closed once again.

"I'm so sorry to break up the party," the doctor apologized, "but we need to get her into an MRI, immediately, to make sure she didn't do any harm to herself." He said quickly, already shoving us out the room.

Once we were all out, we watched as the hospital bed, with my sleeping beauty on it, got carted through the hall and out of sight.

I finally looked around, acknowledging all my friends and their tear stricken faces. But under the wetness, I could see the happiness radiating off everyone.

"She's awake." Eleanor breathlessly laughed, verbalizing everyone's thoughts.

We all piled into a group hug, shedding more tears of happiness, before we headed down the hall towards the waiting room.