Chapter 37

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 37

*

*

Niall...

"You're cheating, you asshole. I don't know how you're doing it, but I know you are." Liam huffed, tossing the Wii controller on the table.

"I am not!" Harry defended.

"You are, I know it."

"Liam, how do you even cheat on Mario Kart? You're either good at it, or you're not." Louis snorted from his position across the room, where he was cuddling with El on the love seat. 

Liam, Harry and I were in a three way game of Mario Kart. Harry kept constantly coming in first, leading Liam to get a little butt hurt for coming in second for the eighth time in a row. Zayn and Melanie were cuddling on the other side of the room as well, totally zoned out of this silly argument. 

"You and Niall play then, I'm over this." He pouted, sinking further to the floor where he was sat. 

"Don't feel bad, Payno. I suck too." I teased, making Liam groan. 

The only one missing was my darling. While we all came down here to hang out, she insisted that she had some things to do up in her room. Too bad though, she was missing out on all the fun of this dumb crap. 

"Is Annabelle still upstairs?" Melanie asked, finally joining the conversation, and seemingly reading my mind.

"Well she's not here is she?" Louis sassed dramatically, causing us all to snort laughs. 

Melanie's eyes narrowed to slits. "I will still cut you in the middle of the night."

Their friendship honestly cracked me up. They were like the not related siblings from hell. They still loved each other though, and got along most of the time, but the times they didn't were quite entertaining for the rest of us.

Before Louis could respond back to Mel, Annabelle came rushing down the basement stairs with wide eyes and a large grin. 

"Louis!" She shrieked, bounding across the room in record time and swatting him harshly on the shoulder.

"Ouch! What the hell was that for?!" He hissed, holding his arm. Although, he didn't look at all mad since Annabelle was playfully smiling at him. 

"She sensed my distress and came to my rescue like a true friend." Melanie snickered. 

"No," Annabelle replied, "that was for stealing my pizza at the mall. I just remembered the shock kept me from smacking you silly."

The room was silent as everyone let what she said soak in. Half of us didn't understand what she meant since we didn't know what she was talking about. Louis was confused cause he didn't process it yet.

"Wait..." He trailed off before his eyes suddenly snapped open so wide, as well as his mouth, that he almost looked abnormal. "You mean...?"

"Yes!" Annabelle screeched, causing Louis to literally leap off the couch to embrace her in a hug.

"Oh my God, yes! This is amazing." He lifted her off the ground and spun her around. Melanie and Eleanor joined in the excitement and started jumping up and down. They obviously knew what was going on, but the rest of us were utterly confused. 

"Ummmm...what?" Harry questioned.

"Are we missing something?" I added, although the two of us got completely ignored.