Chapter 4

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 4

*

*

Niall...

I slowly stood up, sweeping my eyes around the room quickly to see everyone looking at me with a look of comfort and support. They all knew I was scared. Hell...I was terrified. I was afraid that the same thing as last night would happen. I couldn't bare to hear her say those awful things about me again. I couldn't handle having to see her look into my eyes with such horror.

A soul can only take so much before it breaks...so what happens to a soul that's already broken?

I didn't want to find out.

"It'll be fine, mate." Louis said positively. "And if it's not now, it will be eventually."

I just nodded at him to express how thankful I was for his comment, and then I started to walk. It felt like I was taking ages to walk down one simple hallway. Every step felt like dragging my feet through quick sand, with cinder blocks on them. I could feel my heart banging in my chest, and I could hear my pulse heavy in my ears. I was shaking and felt like I couldn't breathe. A small bead of sweat trickled down my forehead when I stopped in front of her door. I took a deep breath as I placed my hand on the door knob.

You can do this, Niall.

I pushed the door only a crack, but froze when I heard her beautiful little voice.

"They all seem really nice. I like them all a lot."

I let out a quiet breath and closed my eyes. Her voice just calmed me so much, it nearly made me forget all the fucked up things going on right now.

"And they were all my friends?"

"Yes, they were. You've known them for a few months now. Apart from Liam and Zayn. That actually was your first time meeting them." I heard Melanie answer her.

"Really? Why have they come to meet me now? Like this?" She asked curiously.

"Because they're best friends with Louis, Harry and Eleanor. They were living in London still, but were heading here to visit when you..." Melanie trailed off.

"Oh, I see. Well they're nice too."

I won't lie, it did sting a little when Melanie didn't mention me. But then again, I understand why she didn't.

I waited another moment to see if I would hear anything else.

"Is that all of them? Or are there anymore?" She asked curiously.

I took that as a sign to make my way into the room, but I just couldn't do it. I was glued in my spot, far too scared to see her terrified face again.

Maybe it's different now. Maybe last night was just a weird incident from just waking up, and she will be fine now.

I appreciated the fact that my inner voice was finally being supportive, but I still couldn't bring myself to believe it. Deep down, I knew exactly what would happen when I opened this door.

"There's one more." Melanie said slowly. I froze up again and waited to hear how she would finish her statement. "But I don't know if he will come in here though."

"Why wouldn't he?" My heart fluttered at her words.

"I, um, uh." Mel stumbled over her words for a second. "Because he is afraid to see you." She mumbled.