Chapter 36

Walking Through the Time Capsule

Chapter 36

*

*

Niall...

After my confession, and after she stopped crying, we stood up to head back to the deck. We mutually decided ice cream sounded great right now. So a couple of flower and smile filled pictures later, we were walking around with ice cream cones. 

"You know, I was just as nervous proclaiming my love for you now, as I was a year ago." I admitted. 

"Really? You seemed so sure of what you were saying." 

"Yeah, well, I try." I joked, playfully flicking my imaginary long hair, causing her to giggle. 

"So how does this work now. Since I don't necessarily remember our relationship yet, do we kinda start over with dates and stuff? Or are we just saying we're officially back together?" She asked with a cute look on her face. 

"Whatever you want, my Princess. Although, I wouldn't mind pursuing you all over again."I grinned, poking her stomach.

"Hmmm, I'd like that. Since I can't remember what you did, you can just do it all again."

"And then when you do remember, we'll have the joy of two memories."

"So, Irish boy, walk me through our first date then." 

"It was actually a lot like this." I laughed, reminiscing on the perfect first date ever. "I took you to a carnival in Dublin, and we spent the day playing games and going on rides."

"Did you happen to win me a big stuffed giraffe?"

"Yeah, I did. Why?" My face lit up, hopeful. 

"In the memory I had, when I remembered how I felt, I was holding one." She answered. "Where is that thing anyway?"

"Oh, I uh, it's in my room." I nervously chuckled while rubbing my neck. "I can't sleep sometimes, and having it with me helps, since it has special memories with it." I just wanted the ocean to swallow me up. I just indirectly admitted to sleeping with a stuffed animal. But by the smile on her face, I could tell she thought it was sweet. "I used to sleep with the dolphin, that's on your desk now, when you were in the coma."

"Well, since you stole my giraffe, why don't you go win me another one like on our first date." She teased. 

And that's exactly what I did. 

We spent the next two hours playing all the games, and riding the few rides that the Pier had to offer. We laughed, we talked, and she even let me hold her hand. It felt just like our first date, even though the terms were much different. I was sure to make it special for her, because to her right now, this was our first date.

As we walked by the edge, there was an older guy in his thirties maybe, playing some music on his guitar. He was playing 'Photograph' by Ed Sheeran, so I grabbed Annabelle's other hand and pulled her close to me. "Can I have this dance, Your Majesty?"

She instantly blushed and giggled at my cheesiness. "Of course."

I began to twirl her, and unexpectedly dip her, causing her to laugh. The moment melted my heart, in the best way possible. A crowd had started to gather around the silly couple dancing, so I handed my phone off to a middle aged lady to record us. I wanted to be able to watch this moment back over and over again. 

When the song finished, I gave my Annabelle a sweet kiss on the cheek and admired how adorable she looked. I couldn't believe the flowers had managed to stay perfectly in her hair. I threw a twenty dollar bill in the mans guitar case, to which he kindly thanked me, and thanked the woman for recording us.