「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪ」

The day rose gently on the Amazon, gradually illuminating the feet of the two lovers on the top of the cliff

The day rose gently on the Amazon, gradually illuminating the feet of the two lovers on the top of the cliff. Druig looked at the horizon in such a way that one might have thought that time had frozen. He was sitting on the rock, a hand slipping into the long hair of the woman he loved. The clear eyes of the young woman that stared at the sunrise, as having been insensitive to the light of day, were now closed, plunging the young woman into fabulous dreams. Well, that's what Druig was hoping for.

He looked down on the woman lying on his lap and brushed a smile, making his dimples appear. Lord, she loved those so much. He could not count the number of times she had fun placing her fingers in the small recesses of his cheeks. Lord, he loved her so much. So much so that the mere thought of leaving her for a few minutes would drive him crazy. He could admire his woman for hours, especially when she seemed as peaceful as at that time. A lonely tear fell on his cheek as he silently thanked the universe for the past 7,000 years together. They had laughed, cried, cried a lot. But they had especially loved. Humans, nature but also music, poetry, every single creation of the human race.

Druig leaned over the sleeping face of his beloved and laid down a tender kiss on her cool temple. He pinched his lips and took off his robe to cover the beautiful Eternal. He helped her to slowly straighten herself up and squeezed her body as if it was the last time he could do it. He had nothing to say, content himself with the peaceful silence of the forest behind them.

Even if millennia separated them from their meeting, his memory would never allow him to forget the first time he had laid his eyes on her. He couldn't forget. It did not matter what he had experienced on Olympia, who he knew, or what he had done to be chosen by Arishem to protect the Earth. Nothing could be better than his first conversation with Nyx.

          - It is time

          - It is time. A feminine voice said with a strong accent.

Nyx opened her eyes mechanically, knowing exactly what she had to do. She got up and went to her place against the wall. The great statue of Arishem in the middle of the room inspired order and respect for all. A gentle warmth enveloped her body and she found herself dressed in a magnificent dark blue and black combat outfit. There were eleven in total. Ten other faces she had never seen or had no memory of. She simply knew that Arishem had erased their memory so as not to disrupt their mission. She was surprised to wonder about her past life. Did she have any friends, any family ? But no matter, she had a duty to the universe and the pride of having been chosen by the Celestial was beyond doubt she could have. As much of her companions left the room, she approached the nearest window, observing the darkness of space.