「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠ」

Nyx admired the Indian landscape, sitting on the back of her horse and following the other Eternals along the road

Nyx admired the Indian landscape, sitting on the back of her horse and following the other Eternals along the road. The gentle swirls of the animal's steps rocked her and fatigue struck her eyelids but the discussions of her friends kept her awake. The mountains on the horizon were hiding the sunset, giving orange hues to the sky. Everything was simply breathtaking. She closed her eyes for a moment, appreciating the smell of the vegetation around them and the sound of the horses' hooves on the ground as well as their blows and neighing.

          - Don't fall asleep now, splendid Nyx. We're almost there. Druig said as his horse was walking next to hers.

Druig had taken the habit of calling her that since he had told his famous story, a nickname that made the young woman blush when it came out of Druig's mouth. Even after almost a thousand years of rehearsing, she still didn't get used to the way the nickname rolled on his tongue because of his accent. She had quickly made the connection with her emerging emotions but was unable to give them a name.

          - I'm not. It's just really calm, almost soporific. She gave him a tender smile.

          - Wanna do something funnier ? He smirked, already having an idea.

          - What are you thinking about ? She asked even though she knew he would rather show her than tell her.

          - Clear the way ! He shouted before taping his horse's rump. The first one to arrive wins, Princess.

His horse galloped at full speed as their Eternal friends had departed after Druig's call. Nyx, caught off guard by her competitive spirit, threw her horse in turn and tried to catch up with her friend. The telepath used his powers to drive away the humans who were on the way. Nyx could hear him laughing as he glanced backwards from time to time. A smile appeared on the face of the young Eternal and she uttered a cry of joy that echoed in the expanse around them. Druig quickly imitated her before they started laughing and finished their race, which Nyx won thanks to Druig who had let her pass him.

As they let their horses quench their thirst on the edge of a stream, Nyx had gone up slightly the bottom of her dress to walk in the cool water. Druig was lying in the grass, seeming to have fallen asleep under the stars that were beginning to appear. Nyx was still glancing at him to make sure he didn't leave her alone. But every time she looked at him, he was always there, sleeping on the fresh grass. She continued to walk in the stream, the water whirlpools refreshing her legs, looking for a warmer spring. She walked gently along the stream and was surprised when she felt a warm current. She enjoyed the gentle warmth and sat in the water, wetting her linen gown. She stretched out her legs and leaned back on her hands.

When she opened her eyes, she met the curious gaze of Druig who was on the shore. She gave him a sign of the hand to join her and he hesitated a few moments before sighing and slowly advancing into the water. She saw him grimacing because of the freshness of the water and she hardly held back a laugh. When he finally arrived near her, she offered him a tender smile.