「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪ」

Nyx was ready

Nyx was ready. They all were. Ajak told them a few minutes ago Deviants were planning on attacking humans on the coast. The young Eternal stood beside Ikaris and Thena, waiting for Ajak's signal to intervene on Earth. It would be the first time they would be in contact with humans. The Fighters waited patiently to jump from the Domo and go kill some Deviants, while the Thinkers stayed away, having nothing to do but wait for the Fighters to get rid of the creatures. Druig's gaze could not let go of the silhouette of Nyx who was still dressed in her combination in the colors of the night. He wondered what her abilities were? She was part of the Fighters so it was something dangerous, arousing his curiosity even more. While Ajak was busy briefing the six Fighters, Druig stepped forward quietly to place himself just behind Nyx. She stood behind her comrades, allowing Druig to remain outside the field of vision of the original Eternal. With his hands behind his back, he bent slightly to be at the height of the young woman.

          - So, a Fighter, huh ? He murmured in her ear.

          - And you're a Thinker. She said, not even looking at him.

          - Come on, princess. What is so special about you ? He smirked as he rapidly looked at Ajak before them.

          - I'm no princess. She said as she slowly turned her head towards Druig, who had his face very close to hers. And my abilities are none of your business.

          - Yeah, you're right. You're not. You're more of a queen. He proudly said, making her roll her eyes.

          - Druig. As much as I enjoy the fact you and Nyx get along, she needs to focus. Not to be distracted. Ajak said, diverting their attention from each other.

          - Yes, Ma'am. Druig smirked as he gently bowed, taking a few steps back.

          - Thank you.

Nyx took one last look over her shoulder and crossed the young man's playful gaze. He offered her a wink before returning to the other Thinkers. Nyx again focused on Ajak and she was able to finish her explanations. A few moments later, half of the Fighters had already descended from the Domo to reach the mainland. Nyx was going to be next but a voice called her. She immediately recognized the accent and kept her eyes from rolling. Why was he so insistent?

          - Be careful down there, princess. He said.

          - I already told you- She began before being cut off.

          - Yes, I know. You're no princess. He smiled, making her notice his dimples.

The young woman smiled at the strange detail on his face. It was rather cute. He looked like a young boy. But still having a man's body. Nyx saw from the corner of the eye Ikaris fly off and she understood that she was the last one left. She passed her head through the opening of the Domo and looked down to see the ocean hitting the cliffs. It was beautiful. She gave Druig an almost pretentious look before letting herself fall, feeling the air whipping her body during her fall. Druig rushed to the opening to watch her fall, hoping she could get away with it without being hurt. The young Eternal landed heavily on her feet, making the sand of the beach fly around her. She dusted off slightly before looking up to the Domo which overlooked the landscape. She could see Druig looking at her from above, a slight smile on his lips and eyes filled with admiration for her. The young man disappeared at the same time as the Domo to avoid attracting the attention of the Deviants. She refocused on her mission and went up along the beach to join her Eternal comrades who were already fighting with several Deviants.