「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪx」

Nyx and Makkari were reading silently in the huge library of Asgard

Nyx and Makkari were reading silently in the huge library of Asgard. Makkari, who used to read very often, greatly appreciated all the new books she discovered, sometimes bringing a whole pile of books back to the table where they had settled. Nyx remained quiet, sitting on the windowsill with her book in her hands. She was immersed in the incredible history of the kingdom and learned a lot about Asgard. She was so immersed in her book that she didn't even hear the steps getting closer to her.

          - What is it you're reading ? Druig's voice asked her in a whisper.

The young woman jumped slightly and hit him gently on the shoulder before closing her book. Druig's laughter resounded in the large library as Makkari rolled her eyes before their cheesy exchange. Druig finally sat on the windowsill in front of Nyx, taking the ankles of his sweetheart on his lap.

          - So ? What were you reading ? He asked again.

          - The History of Asgard. She proudly said with a smile.

          - Lame. He sighed. You sure you wanna stay here with Makkari ? I mean, you can find a lot of other things to do way funnier than reading books with Mak'. He smiled.

The young man grabbed the book that the deaf woman threw at him by signing an apology. Nyx put her head on the wall behind her and closed her eyes for a few moments. Everything was so quiet in Asgard, she would have wanted to stay there all her life if it had been possible. But Ajak had told them that they should return to Earth as soon as possible to avoid any incident with the Deviants.

          - What are you thinking of ? The telepath asked as he began to run his fingers over Nyx's legs.

          - I wanna stay here. It's calm and people are nice. She said as she opened her eyes to lay them on Druig.

          - You've always liked calm places. He lightly smiled. Maybe when we're over with the Deviants, we can come back here. Spend eternity on Asgard. He proposed.

          - Eternity ? She arched an eyebrow with a smirk, making him hum in acquiescence. I like that. She gave him a tender smile before Makkari drew their attention on her.

          - When's the wedding ? She signed with a big smile, making Druig chuckle.

          - Not today, for sure. He said as he signed the answer. Maybe one day though. He added, glancing at Nyx whose cheeks got flushed. But definitely not one like Ikaris and Sersi's.

This remark earned a small laugh from Nyx before Druig took her hand and pulled her on his lap. She settled comfortably on him and their foreheads touched. The young woman slipped her fingers under her man's chin and raised his head, making their noses touch each other. She laid a simple kiss on his lips before making a discreet sign of the hand to Makkari who had just rolled her eyes in front of this demonstration of affection. The deaf Eternal quickly understood where her friend was going and left without a sound. While Druig did not suspect anything, far too preoccupied by the lips of his sweetheart resting on his own, Makkari came back with something in hand that she gave to Nyx. The young woman kissed languorously the telepath who felt melting against her before she poured a pot of water over his head.