「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xx」

Sunday, August 25th

Sunday, August 25th. Fifteen hours before the tragedy.

Druig was sitting against the trunk of a tree, their favorite book in his hands and as he read the story aloud, Nyx was lying on his thighs. The incredible romance of Romeo and Juliet was like a lullaby for the young woman, the words of Shakespeare bringing her back in a time she had loved very much. Druig's accent was like the icing on the cake, words rolled over his tongue like a sweet melody mesmerizing the mortal Eternal. The brunette had her eyes closed and was even about to fall asleep but Druig's fingers that were walking along her ribs kept her awake.

          - You know, if you're tired we could go back at the cabin and sleep. He said, looking down at her.

          - You're the one who should be tired, my love. I slept, you didn't. She kept her eyes closed.

          - Are you really gonna stay mad at me for this ? He closed the book.

          - Yeah. I'll forgive you when you'll tell me what you did while I was sleeping. She opened her eyes, looking directly into his. You said you were scared but you didn't say what scared you.

          - I wanted to check the state of your mind after what happened last night. And...

          - And ? She frowned, curious.

          - I think it's even worse than when you didn't have feelings yet. It gets cold and everything seems to fall apart. No matter how many times I try to change something, the ruins come back.

          - Ruins ?

          - That's what I see when I'm in your head. Only ruins. He looked away. And that's fucking terrifying me.

          - Druig. She said in a murmur to draw his attention back to her. I'm fine. I feel fine, I think that what happened last night was just some sort of anxiety. That's all. I'm not leaving you anytime soon. She smiled kindly.

The young man nodded, as if to persuade himself that everything was fine. He leaned forward to lay a kiss on the forehead of his beloved but she could feel his lips shaking against her skin, betraying his nervousness. She straightened herself up slightly and took the telepath's face in her hands before looking straight into his eyes. His eyes shone lightly and she laid a tender kiss on his lips. Druig closed his eyes, letting out a single tear that rolled along his cheek. The young man's hands grabbed the top of Nyx as if to prove that she was still with him. He intensified the kiss by bringing her closer to him, simply wanting to feel her presence close to him.

She passed her legs on either side of his lap, and wrapped her arms around his neck. Being a little higher than him, he had to raise his head slightly to keep his lips against hers. The urge quickly replaced the need and his fingers snuck under her top to caress the soft skin of her hips. He always held her a little tighter against him, wanting to feel her heart beating against his. He bit her lip to make her understand that he wanted more and while the kiss was about to take a completely different turn, the telepath heard childish laughter approaching them. The young man separated from his wife and quickly made her understand that they were going to be disturbed before gently pushing her away so that she could get back next to him.