「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪɪɪ」

Sersi and Ikaris had gone to get Phastos while the others remained in Kingo's jet

Sersi and Ikaris had gone to get Phastos while the others remained in Kingo's jet. Druig had been trying to stay busy as he could, taking advantage of the quiet moment to change his outfit into something less outstanding. So he put on an old black sport trousers, a t-shirt also black and put on Ranger type boots. He also noticed that in his haste he had taken a leather jacket. The jacket Nyx offered him in the '80s during one of their trips around the world. He took it out of the bag and sat on the edge of the couch, looking at the jacket he was holding in his hands. He didn't really like this jacket to be honest, he only wore it once at a concert where Nyx had taken him with her. But he had agreed to buy it for her, to see her happy, to see her smile that warmed his heart so much. He put on the jacket and he could almost smell Nyx's scent on the leather due to the number of times she had tried to have him wear it. She would always come in front of him, the jacket pressed against her chest, trying to make puppy eyes to soften him up. But he would refuse every time, saying that it was too hot to put it on, or that it would not fit with the rest of his outfit.

Druig got up and closed his bag before joining the others in the common part of the jet. When he opened the door, all eyes turned towards him and he could swear to see the shadow of a smile appearing on Thena's lips when she recognized the jacket. He placed his bag on one of the seats and sat down, ignoring the insistent gaze of Kingo and Sprite.

          - Well, well, well, Druig. Kingo sang. Where did you find a jacket like that ? Did your iguana friends give you a hand ?

          - Fuck off, Kingo. The telepath grumbled, looking at the window.

          - I mean, you had a robe a few minutes ago. And now you almost look like someone normal.

          - It's a gift from Nyx. Thena lightly smiled.

Kingo turned his gaze to the warrior and remained silent, realizing that this time, he had gone too far with his mockery. Druig offered a smile of thanks to the blonde before sinking into his chair, planning to sleep during the journey to Iraq where Makkari and the Domo were.

          - I'm sorry. Kingo's voice drew his attention, causing Druig to only raise his eyebrows. The woman you love left you and the only thing I do is mocking you. I'm sorry.

          - Wow, you're actually apologizing. That's a first for you Kingo. Sprite slightly laughed.

          - And a last if you don't shut your cake hole.

          - Thank you, Kingo. Druig said. It means more than you could think.

Sersi and Ikaris quickly returned with Phastos who seemed devastated to leave his family. The genius sat next to Druig who offered him a small lips pressed smile. The jet took off and Druig settled comfortably in his chair, already ready to fall asleep. His travelling companions could quickly hear the young man's gentle snoring and steady, calm breathing. They did not know how much he had suffered from Nyx's departure, they could not imagine the pain he had felt when he realized that he would never see her again. None of them could.