「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxɪɪ」

His eyes were red and tired from crying, his hands had not stopped shaking since he had brought his wife's inert body back to the village

His eyes were red and tired from crying, his hands had not stopped shaking since he had brought his wife's inert body back to the village. He had delicately placed it on the porch of their cabin and had spread locks of hair from before her face before screaming with grief, not caring much to wake up the village or not. The inhabitants quickly came to see what was going on, fearing for the man who had been protecting them all this time and had been shocked to see his wife's lifeless body. They had respected Druig's wishes and left him alone for the funeral. He had gathered the many logs himself before piling them up and laying the body of his beloved on top. He had been the one who threw the match on the oil-covered wood. He had been the one who reduced the body of his everything to ashes.

He slammed the car door violently behind him and took a determined step towards the house. Rage and grief blinded his reason, preventing him from knowing if what he was doing was a good idea or a bad one.

          - Ajak ! He shouted, tears rolling down his cheeks. Get out here if you got the balls !

The young man was able to see the front door open and Ajak frowned, crossing the destroyed gaze of the telepath. She closed the door behind her and advanced on the porch as Druig made great strides to join her in front of the house. The woman crossed her arms on her chest due to the morning freshness and asked Druig what he was doing here.

          - You really got what you wanted, huh ? His voice was shaking.

          - What do you mean ? Where is Nyx ?

          - She's dead ! He shouted again, causing Ajak to have tears in her eyes. She died because of you and only you ! I didn't do anything. He himself was convinced with what he was saying. You killed her, Ajak.

          - I didn't do anything, Druig. It's-

          - Our love. I know that. He wiped his tears just to allow others to stream down his cheeks. You told her she could have emotions. But you didn't fucking tell her she would die because of them ! She died in my arms ! She didn't even know she was dying.

Ajak could see the pain and rage on the face of the boy she had seen fall in love. She went down the few steps that separated her from the young man and tried to put her hand on his shoulder to comfort him. Druig quickly understood what she wanted to do and brutally pushed back her hand, crossing her surprised look.

          - You really thought I came for comfort ? He asked, his voice lower. You thought I needed you to feel better ? He chuckled.

          - Druig-

          - I came here to tell you that you just killed my everything. I now have to live eternity without her because of you. I came here to tell you that if I ever see you again, I won't hesitate a single second to make you suffer like I'm suffering right now. And even your stupid healing powers couldn't help you with what I'm gonna do to you. He said before turning back and walking to his car.