「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪɪ」

The great battle had been spoken of throughout Europe, designating the Eternals as deities placed on Earth to protect humanity

The great battle had been spoken of throughout Europe, designating the Eternals as deities placed on Earth to protect humanity. Their names were already beginning to appear in some Vikings legends, describing them as warriors without fear or flaws, which they could easily contest. Druig was terribly afraid of losing his beloved, of not being able to see her every morning when he opened his eyes. No longer able to hug her when he was forced to watch men kill each other. Not being able to take her to their secret cave when he wanted to be alone with her. Not being able to kiss her until he loses his breath and the notion of time. He was afraid that what he felt for her would lead them both to their loss. While Nyx was afraid to feel anything. She was afraid that the love Druig had for her was far too big compared to the one born in her heart. She was afraid that her still weak feelings for him would tire him out and that he would leave her. That she would again find herself in darkness and cold without him. That she would return to the void that he had succeeded in filling with all these wonderful moments that they had spent together, creating unforgettable memories.

The two lovebirds were in the Domo, Nyx caring for her lover's injured shoulder after the battle. He was wearing his linen pants and had only removed one of his sleeves so Nyx could have better access to his wound. He clenched his teeth as soon as she poured alcohol on the wound but never said anything, not wanting to worry his beloved. He had refused to be healed by Ajak, claiming that it was just a scratch but now that he felt every nerve burned by alcohol, he almost regretted it.

          - You okay ? Nyx asked, taking great care of his wound.

          - Yeah, don't worry about me. I'm all good. He clenched his teeth when she again slipped a cloth soaked in alcohol on his wound.

          - I will always worry about you. She said under her breath, planting a soft kiss on his shoulder before he puts his sleeve back on properly.

          - You should not.

          - But I still do. She murmured, kissing the crook of his neck this time, making him close his eyes in pleasure.

Druig grabbed Nyx's hand on his shoulder and gently pulled the young woman in front of him to cross her eyes. He put his other hand on her waist and pulled her between his thighs, raising his head not to break the eye contact they had. Nyx raised her hands in his hair and slipped her fingers into the brown strands of her lover, pulling it slightly so that he kept his head up towards her. She offered him a tender smile and he returned it to her, making his adorable dimples appear. Her fingers came to lodge in the small hollows of his cheeks while a laugh escaped from her mouth, making him smile even more.

          - I love you, Nyx.

The brunette smiled even more, adoring when these words came out of his mouth. She could hear him night and day without being able to tire. She stooped down until she crouched down to be at Druig's level and surrounded his face with her hands. She made him lean down to her to seal their lips in a simple but deep kiss.