「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪɪ」

The evening following the attack of the Deviants was memorable

The evening following the attack of the Deviants was memorable. The inhabitants of Athens had organized a big party to thank their heroes. The music echoed between the stone walls, the torches lit the streets and the delicious smell of food prepared by civilians. Ajak and Sersi were dancing with the humans while Kingo and Gilgamesh were telling them their exploits. The others were chatting happily or just watching that the party goes off without a hitch. But not Nyx. The crowd made her terribly anxious, she felt trapped, chained to an anvil that would be thrown to the bottom of the ocean. Then, she got into the habit of climbing onto the roof, observing the vastness of space.

         - What are you doing up here ? A voice said from behind her.

She turned her head and smiled softly recognizing Druig in the little light that the torches in the streets brought. When she came back to stargazing, he used this as an invitation to sit next to her. From the corner of her eye, she saw him sitting very close to her, and she could even feel his body heat spread to her.

          - Just watching the stars.

          - And why are you up here ? He asked as he took a bite from a pear. Want one ? He said, holding out a second pear.

          - Thanks. She murmured, taking the pear in her hands. I don't really like the crowd down there.

          - Why's that ? He took another bite and the fruit juice ran down his chin, making her slightly laugh. What ? Oh, crap... He swore as he wiped his face with his sleeve.

          - Wait. Stay still. She lowered her sleeve on her hand and started wiping his chin with it.

Druig couldn't let go Nyx of his gaze, it was impossible for him. He loved to see her focused face as she was removing the pear juice from his face. Although their skin did not touch, he felt that he was overheated and burning for her. Even through her linen suit, he could know that her skin was incredibly soft, he could feel it.

          - You didn't answer my question. He said under his breath.

          - What question ? She asked when she was done with him and the pear juice.

          - Why don't you like the crowd ? He tilted his head as he went for another bite in the fruit.

          - It's just- There's not enough space. Too many people.

          - Yeah, I get it. He shrugged before throwing the pear core.

          - Really ?