「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪx」

Phastos was thinking about how to connect their minds without the bracelets that Ikaris had just destroyed while Druig remained in his thoughts, crossing from time to time the gaze of Nyx who was going around the room

Phastos was thinking about how to connect their minds without the bracelets that Ikaris had just destroyed while Druig remained in his thoughts, crossing from time to time the gaze of Nyx who was going around the room. Phastos seemed to find a solution and ran out of the room calling Sersi, leaving the telepath and Makkari alone. The deaf woman sat beside him and noticed his absence, as if he was staring at something. She followed his gaze but saw nothing before them.

          - When you and Nyx visited me in 1993, did you already know she was dying ? She tapped his shoulder and signed.

          - No. But we knew she was mortal. She wanted to see you in case she... You know.

          - You should have told me, Druig. She winced, hurt from being pushed aside.

          - We didn't know how to. We came to you the week after we found out. We didn't know it would be that fast for her to go. We thought that maybe we had fifty or sixty years left. That maybe she would grow old like humans and die of old age. His voice broke. But Arishem took her from me. He grunted, burying his face in his knees.

Makkari passed her hand behind the young man's back and her heart broke a little more when she felt him shaking slightly. She took him against her and he seemed to cling to her, letting tears run down his cheeks, moistening Makkari's top. She spent a few moments gently lulling her friend to try to calm his tears and he ended up straightening himself, apologizing for having let himself be carried away.

          - If you need to talk, I'm here.

          - I'm not sure I'm ready for you to know all the details. He looked at her.

          - I can just turn my back and you'll just need to speak. I won't know anything but I think that saying those things out loud will help you moving on. She gently smiled at him.

          - Thank you, Mak'. But I think I'm good.

The young woman nodded her head and laid a kiss on the telepath's cheek before seeing Phastos enter the room, a golden ball in his hands. He quickly explained that it was the orb that allowed the connection between Ajak and Arishem before it was bequeathed to Sersi. He quickly started to work while Druig and Makkari went to the awakening room to prepare themselves. The deaf woman quickly dressed in her combat outfit while Druig's gaze remained fixed on the empty spot next to his. The motifs engraved in the wall were reminiscent of those that Nyx had on her outfit. He advanced towards that place and let his fingers trace the golden forms, deep in his thoughts.

          - If I get hurt pretty badly today. He began to say when he saw the others come into the room. Don't try to heal me and put me out of my misery. Please. He turned towards them.