「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪᴠ」

- Don't you dare steal my Deviant, Nyx

          - Don't you dare steal my Deviant, Nyx. Kingo warned, pointing his fingers to the creature to shoot it.

          - Then kill it before I have to. She grunted as she tried to hold back another Deviant's teeth away from her face.

Nyx felt a draft passing near her and she recognized Makkari's red outfit. The deaf woman signed something to her, but being too busy with the Deviant, she could not see what she was telling her.

          - I'm a little busy, right here, Mak'. She said out loud. Go help the civilians, I can handle this one.

Makkari stayed for a few moments, wanting to be sure that Nyx could get away with it before the young woman stressed on the residents' primary security. Nyx tried as best she could to keep the beast's sharp teeth away from her. She could smell the dreadful breath of the Deviant and decided it was too much. She clenched her fists around the two canines she was holding and concentrated before hearing the creature's skull break. As usual, no blood was shed, having completely disappeared from its body. And thank god, because otherwise, she would have received it directly on her face.

As she was about to push back the corpse of the Deviant, she felt a sharp pain in the shoulder, pulling her back. A second Deviant had just bitten her and was dragging her to the ground like a common piece of wood. Nyx struggled in every direction to get rid of this grip since she could not concentrate because of the pain. She then began to call for help from others but no one came to her aid. She could see the traces of blood she left on the ground as the Deviant dragged her onto the sand.

As she called for help for the umpteenth time, two hands grabbed the beast's jaws and forced it to open its mouth to free Nyx. The young woman painfully rolled to the ground to depart from the Deviant and saw Gilgamesh dislocating the predator's jaw. The young woman immediately laid her hand on her wound, feeling the blood on her clothes. The Eternal quickly killed the Deviant and Makkari appeared beside her.

          - Take her to Ajak. Gilgamesh said after quickly checking Nyx's wound.

Makkari nodded and took Nyx's hand before they disappeared into a cloud of sand. The two women quickly arrived at the Domo where they found Phastos, Druig and Sprite. Makkari signed something to the three Thinkers and went back to the battlefield. Druig was the first to react and rushed to Nyx's side to examine her wound. It was deep, severe and she was losing a lot of blood.

          - Sprite, go find Ajak. Tell her to come quick. Druig commanded to the young-looking girl. Now !

The little blonde began to run in the corridor of the Domo, already knowing where to find Ajak. Druig accompanied the young woman to an armchair where he made her sit before quickly looking around him. He spotted a jug of water and a bowl of fruit. He went to the table to serve a glass of water and collect a fruit as Phastos approached Nyx.