「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪ」

The humans had, again, organized a reception in honor of the Eternals who saved them from the Deviants

The humans had, again, organized a reception in honor of the Eternals who saved them from the Deviants. After more than 5,000 years spent on the planet Earth in the company of men, they had finally become accustomed to the feasts and their venerations. After 1,000 years of telling the story inspired of Nyx, humans had begun to make her a deity and to make offerings to her each time they came across her. All this attention made her rather uncomfortable but she couldn't really blame them. They were simply looking for explanations of what they could not understand. Like the principle of day and night.

The young woman was walking on the cobblestones of the empire next to Makkari, who, according to Nyx, had too loose hands when they passed by the stalls. The attention of the young Eternal was drawn to a magnificent golden chain. She went to the seller and asked him for the price of the jewel. When the man recognized Nyx, his eyes widened and he hastened to extend the chain to the brunette.

          - For you, splendid night, it won't cost you anything. He said in his native language.

          - No. No, I can pay it. Don't be absurd, it took you time and effort to make it.

          - Please, take it. It's an honor.

Two hands seized the chain and Nyx met the cheerful gaze of Makkari who admired the jewel. Her gaze spoke for itself and Makkari sighed before quickly signing that when someone wanted to offer her something, she had to take it without hesitation. Nyx rolled her eyes and resumed the chain from in the hands of her friend.

          - Gold isn't really your color. Makkari signed, frowning.

          - It's not for me. Nyx slightly smiled, still admiring the chain in her hand.

Makkari raised an eyebrow, knowing who she was talking about. Nyx looked up and could not hide her shy smile. Of course she knew. Everyone knew. Everyone except him. She slipped the chain in her pocket and smiled at Makkari.

          - I gotta go, I'll see you for Sprite's stories. She said as she signed for her friend.

          - If you're not back at the sunset, I come looking for you.

          - Yeah, you do that. Nyx chuckled, taking a few steps back before turning around and leaving in the opposite direction.

She walked for long minutes in the forest, passing between the trees and being able to see the sun descending towards the horizon. She finally arrived near a large field where she could see children playing with pieces of wood. Druig looked at them from a distance, eyebrows slightly frowned.

          - Even at that age they try to hurt each other. Druig murmured.

          - They're just kids, they're playing together. She said as she put her hand on his shoulder.