「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪ」

Phastos was still preparing the bracelets to connect the seven Eternals to Druig so he could stop the emergence

Phastos was still preparing the bracelets to connect the seven Eternals to Druig so he could stop the emergence. Druig was not really apprehensive, he had always been more or less confident before the fights. Nyx was anxious enough for the both of them. Even though he knew she would be offended, he could not help but laugh softly when he would see her make her fingers crack because of the anxiety or do breathing exercises to stay calm. Of course he always ended up calming and reassuring her, which worked every time. Without him even realizing it, his hand went up to his chest and his fingers began to play with the ring he wore around his neck. The ring rang when it came into contact with its twin whom he wore to the left ring finger, a sound that did not escape Kingo who had known of their desire to get married.

          - So, she eventually accepted to marry you. He lightly chuckled as he stood beside the young man.

          - What do you want, Kingo ? Druig asked, his cheekbone still painful.

          - I wanted to apologize for punching you. And for Nyx. I know I could never understand how you're feeling but-

          - But what ? If I wanna talk, you're here ? The telepath said sarcastically. We never really got along, Kingo.

          - We didn't. But we both cared for Nyx. We both cared a lot. You lost your wife but I lost my best friend. He said, making Druig realize he hasn't been nice with the others. I'm really glad she was happy with you though.

Kingo hesitated a few moments before placing his hand on the shoulder of the young man who had no movement of recoil. The actor took his hand off the telepath and as he was about to sit back and wait for Phastos to finish the bracelets, Druig's voice held him back.

          - We tried to have a baby. He almost whispered. I really wanted to start a family with her, you know ? He looked up at Kingo, pain in his eyes.

          - What happened ? The actor asked softly, getting curious.

          - We tried for four years. Nothing. So we went to the village doctor, he told us nothing was wrong. So she went to ask Ajak. He paused in his story. She told Nyx that Eternals couldn't procreate among themselves.

A silence fell in the room, Druig had attracted everyone's attention. Phastos had stopped working and turned to where Druig and Kingo were standing. They could all see that the subject was very sensitive for Druig, but they also knew that he needed to talk to free himself from this burden.

          - She came home and spent almost twenty-four hours without telling me. She couldn't. She knew I wanted kids and couldn't tell me the truth. She was driving me crazy, so after twenty hours of her trying to avoid the subject, I asked her, straight in the eyes. And so she told me. We didn't leave our cabin for almost three days after that. We were grieving for someone we could never have met. He finally looked up at the others who were staring at him. We would just stay in bed all day, sometimes I had to stop her crying. He paused, hesitating to say the last part of the story. And sometimes she had to stop mine.