「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxɪ」

Ikaris had announced to the others that Druig was gone, that their plan was therefore useless

Ikaris had announced to the others that Druig was gone, that their plan was therefore useless. He managed to take away the only person who could stop Tiamut. He could not help but make a derogatory remark about how the telepath had now joined his beloved, earning him the right to be attacked by a furious Makkari. Ikaris was now at the mercy of Makkari and Phastos who were happy to torture him while Thena took care of the Deviant who had killed Gilgamesh. Sersi had gone to the volcano to stop Tiamut, but even she didn't know if she had the power. Druig was the best qualified to stop him but Phastos trusted her, and that was enough to give her the courage to try. Slowly, she was advancing towards the volcano when a familiar voice called her. She stopped and turned around, seeing Ajak on a high rock. The work of Sprite.

          - You're not powerful enough to do this. And you won't. You're not a killer.

          - Maybe I've changed. Sersi said with a proud smile.

          - What will you tell Druig ? Another voice said next to her.

Sersi turned her head and saw Nyx, also in her combat outfit. The Eternal took a few steps back from the shock and placed her hand before her mouth when she saw her old friend in this state. Her once green eyes were as white as snow, as empty of emotion as Arishem would have wished. Her skin, which had beautiful pinkish hues when Druig complimented her, was now pale, almost gray.

          - If you kill Tiamut, he won't be able to see me again. How will you explain that to him, huh ? She tilted her cadaveric head.

          - Is this really who you are, Sprite ? Sersi asked as she turned towards the illusion of Ajak, trying to forget how Nyx was. Are you really willing to let everyone on this planet die ?

As she thought she had touched Sprite with her words, she felt something cold going through her, the pain coming the next moment. Sersi looked down and discovered a small blade coming out of her abdomen. Sprite's. Ajak and Nyx disappeared and the girl appeared behind Sersi, releasing the handle of the dagger which she had just planted in the back of her friend.

          - I'm sorry, Sersi.

The girl-looking Eternal stepped back a few steps, staring at the hand that had just wounded one of her greatest friends and Sersi fell kneeling on the floor.

          - I've always envied you, Sersi. 'Cause you get to live as one of them. And I never could. Sprite's voice was shaking. You know why I hated living with humans ? Because they reminded me of things I didn't know I wanted. Because of them, now I wanna know what it feels like to grow up. To fall in love. To have a family. And to know, in the end, I've lived. Tears were running down her cheeks.

The young Eternal raised her hands and made a multitude of volcanoes appear around them, preventing Sersi from recognizing the real one. The so-called witch looked around, almost sensing the heat of the lava increasing considerably.