「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪ」

Nyx felt like she had returned to Norway when she saw all the houses on fire and heard all the screams

Nyx felt like she had returned to Norway when she saw all the houses on fire and heard all the screams. The streets were filled with citizens killing each other and children crying in front of their parents' corpses. Nyx preferred to stay out of town and take care of the Deviants that attacked. The creatures were less numerous than during the attack in Norway but the human conflicts greatly hindered the Eternals in their task. Nyx was sneaking between the trees, running after a Deviant heading towards the city. When she caught up with it, she climbed over it and placed herself on its head, closing her eyes to concentrate. She quickly bled out the creature and rolled to the side as the Deviant fell dead to the ground. She could see Makkari and Thena walking slowly through the forest and she trotted to them.

The three women came in front of Ajak, Sersi, Phastos and Sprite but there was no sign of Druig. Nyx looked around her if she saw him through the flames and the forest darkened by the night but nothing. Ajak seemed to notice the restlessness of the young Eternal and also began to look for Druig.

          - I'm sure he's okay, Nyx. Don't worry about him.

          - I'll always worry about him. Nyx murmured as she turned around.

          - You need to stay here, Nyx. It's not safe, we don't know if there is any other Deviant. Ajak tried to stop her.

          - One more reason to go and look for him.

The young woman left the small group and went in search of her lover. The cries of the humans echoed and she knew it was only a matter of time before Druig could no longer bear them. He needed her. She felt it. She began to run, calling Druig by his name, her heart accelerating whenever no answer reached her. Then, when she began to lose hope, she saw him. He seemed breathless and was covered in Deviant's blood. He was catching his breath, his hands resting on his knees to restrain himself from falling. He straightened up and immediately crossed Nyx's gaze. The brunette showed a wide smile on her face and began to run towards him, quickly imitated by the young man. Their two bodies almost violently came into contact in a thud and Nyx buried her nose in her man's neck. Druig passed his hands behind his sweetheart's head and laid a kiss in her hair, hugging her against him. They were safe now. Only then did Nyx notice that tears were running down her cheeks when she felt Druig's wet clothing against her face.

          - I almost didn't see you. She sighed against his skin.

Druig parted from her and waited no longer to kiss her passionately. No more screaming, no more crying. They were no longer hearing any noise around them, simply their hearts beating in unison. Druig slipped his hands on Nyx's cheek and she felt melted with his touch. They eventually pulled away but she did not open her eyes, being too afraid that this moment would stop if she opened them.

          - Do you see me now ? He asked her, his voice hoarse.

Nyx ventured to open her eyes and could see Druig, looking tenderly at her. She didn't know how long he'd been looking at her like that, but when he did, she felt like the most beautiful woman in the galaxy.