「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪɪ」

Nyx kept fiddling with her dress, smoothing the folds she saw and readjusting her bustier that seemed never to fit

Nyx kept fiddling with her dress, smoothing the folds she saw and readjusting her bustier that seemed never to fit. She had wanted to visit France for decades because she had been told that it was a country where women dressed very elegantly. But they all forgot to tell her that you had to know not to breathe to get into the dresses. Whenever Nyx had the misfortune to touch up her dress, Druig would hit her on the hand to make her stop, repeating to her that she was already perfect.

          - Try to put on a corset and then we'll talk about it. She groaned.

          - No, thank you. He lightly smirked after checking her out.

          - Yeah, I just remembered you'd rather remove them. She whispered in his ear, making his cheeks flush.

The young couple walked along the sand road, a man behind them pulling a trolley with their suitcases. Druig slapped Nyx's hand for the umpteenth time and took her hand into his, intertwining their fingers to keep her distracted. Druig didn't have the same clothing problem at all as his beloved, although he found that he was slightly cramped in his pants, he rather liked the long coats, reminding him of the design of his combat outfit. When they finally got to their carriage, Nyx greeted the people on board with a warm smile before gently caressing the chamfer of the horses. She pulled up the bottom of her dress and was helped by a peasant to get into the carriage. The telepath helped the baggage handler with their belongings and he thanked him by handing him a few coins. He then got into the carriage and sat next to Nyx.

          - It's wonderful, Druig. Nyx couldn't stop admiring everything around her.

          - It's just a carriage. He shrugged as the horses began to walk along the road.

          - Thank you for coming here with me. I know you don't really like travelling. She put her hands on his.

          - I might acquire a taste for it. And it might give me a glimpse of what our honeymoon will be. He smirked.

          - But we're not married.

          - Whose fault ? I asked you and you said no. It's not my fault that I want to make you mine for eternity.

          - We don't need marriage to be together for eternity, Druig. And I think you're already making it clear that I'm yours. She raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

          - That doesn't count. He lightly smiled, remembering the numerous marks he has left on her body. I want the whole world to know I've won the love of the eternal night.

          - I thought I was your whole world. She raised her chin, teasing him.

Druig quickly found himself speechless and passed his tongue on his teeth, chuckling, realizing that she had beaten him at his own game. He looked up at her and could see that she had not looked away, continuing to admire him as if it was the first time she had seen him.