「ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ..? ɪ」

After walking along the path for a long time, the Eternals could finally hear the voices of the villagers

After walking along the path for a long time, the Eternals could finally hear the voices of the villagers. They proceeded quietly between them, attracting all eyes as they passed by. Kingo was probably the one who hated this place the most, it was all he didn't have at home. He was only there for Nyx, he had not seen her for decades, and he had missed his friend, terribly. Of course, he had been happy to see her so happy with Druig, he had never seen her smile so much to be honest. But it was Druig. He and Kingo did not have the best relations or the same vision of things. So when he had seen his protégé running to join him that night. He knew that something had broken.

          - It's very nice here, Sir. Karun said, keeping the camera pointed at Kingo.

          - Don't be fool of it. Ignorance is a bliss.

Sprite approached a villager and intervened, and then asked him something in his native language. They had a brief discussion, and then the man's eyes began to glow with magnificent gold. Druig.

          - Hello, Sprite. Druig's accent rolled on the man's tongue.

The telepath gave directions to the Eternals to find him and he let the villager take back what he was doing. The group of eight people walked towards the small chapel of the village, as Druig came to his senses. Nyx glared at him, making him smirk slightly. She hated it when he took control of the people when he just wanted to have fun. He displayed a mocking smile, as he used to do in their presence, and advanced towards the large wooden doors when he felt the others reach the chapel. He pushed the doors way too dramatically for Nyx not to roll her eyes, and advanced before the other Eternals while Nyx remained hidden in the chapel to surprise them.

          - I missed all of you. He said before joining his hands behind his back. Please, make yourselves at home.

Kingo winced and followed the others inside the chapel. How had Nyx been able to live with him for centuries ? When Kingo came in, his body was encircled by two arms that hugged him tightly. He recognized Nyx's figure and held her against him, truly happy to see her again. Druig rolled his eyes but could not help smiling when he saw his wife so happy. The young woman finally separated from her best friend and went to greet the others before returning to the side of Druig who was waiting patiently in the center of the chapel. The young man's arm wrapped around the young woman's shoulders to bring her closer to him and she smiled slightly, intimidated to see much of her family in the same room again.

          - So, what is so important that you have to come here ? Druig asked, leaning back against the main table of the chapel.

A little detail on Druig and Nyx escaped none of the Eternals. The matching rings they were wearing. It was a thick silver ring for Druig, and a thin sliver ring for Nyx. The couple waited impatiently for the answer to Druig's question, and Sersi spoke.

          - The Deviants are back, Druig. They attacked in London, they even attacked Thena and Gilgamesh. They killed Ajak. Arishem lied to us about our mission. There's no Olympia. We are just Arishem's creations, his little soldiers, condemning the human race to its loss for the emergence of a Celestial. Maybe you could stop the emergence by putting Tiamut to sleep. She said, installing a long silence in the room.

          - Ajak's dead ? Nyx asked, dropping her arms that were crossed on her chest

          - Yeah, and a lot of other people will be soon if we don't stop them. Ikaris said. When was the last time you saw her ? He then asked Nyx.

          - 1930 or something, why ?

          - She was drained of blood, your specialty. He stepped forward.

          - What are you trying to say ? Druig asked as he placed himself between Nyx and Ikaris.

          - Ikaris, we know it was a Deviant. Nyx couldn't have done that to Ajak. Sersi said.

          - No, we don't know that. We're not sure she's telling the truth. What was the reason of your visit in 1930 ?

Druig and Nyx exchanged a long, meaningful look and Nyx's lips began to tremble. She didn't want to remember that part of their lives. She swallowed hardly and advanced towards Ikaris to face him, still leaving Druig between them to reassure the young man.

          - It's none of your business. I tell you that's the last time I saw her and that's the truth. We used to travel every year since 1767 but we stayed here this year to help our people after what Thanos did. So if you don't want to believe me, you want to think I killed Ajak, be my guest, but don't say it out loud, keep it to yourself, if you don't want the next missing Eternal on the list. She said, making Druig slightly smirk beside her.

          - I still don't believe you. 

          - Perfect. She turned around to go back in the middle of the chapel, able to see the odd look Sprite gave her.

          - You'll help us ? Sersi asked the both of them.

          - With what ? Stopping Tiamut or making Ikaris shut up ? Nyx crossed her arms on her chest before Druig's hand slid on her waist to calm her down, which worked.

          - We need you, guys. Sersi added.

          - You just told us that our entire existence was nothing but a lie, Sersi. Could you please let us some time ? Nyx turned her head towards the witch.

          - We don't have the time, Nyx. The emergence could happen at any moment.

          - Either you let us time to think, either we all die. What do you choose ? Nyx said harshly.

          - You better think fast, Nyx. Kingo got up and advanced towards his best friend. What Sersi said is true, we don't know when the emergence is gonna happen, so we better think of a plan fast before it's too late.

          - You heard the lady, Kingo. We need time to think about it. Druig crossed his arms on his chest with a smirk.

          - You two are the worst. Sprite rolled her eyes.

A little short, yes, I'll admit. But it's kinda complicated to write the What If and create a whole new reality. And now you discovered the three types of extras I'm gonna post as bonus chapters, some bonus with new flashbacks, others with the cast, and some What If extras. I don't think there's gonna be a lot of What If chapters but if any of you have ideas for anything (bonus, cast or what if) just tell me in the comments or in my dms. See ya in the next bonus !

 See ya in the next bonus !