「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xɪᴠ」

Druig was lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling and remembering all kinds of memories being as if locked in this room

Druig was lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling and remembering all kinds of memories being as if locked in this room. He could hear the other Eternals speaking in the common room but paid no attention to them, thus not being able to understand what they were saying. He felt a lump lying beside him and immediately recognized the female figure on the bed. Druig sighed silently and closed his eyes, not wanting to speak, he just wanted to remain silent and in his thoughts. The two of them remained silent for several minutes before he opened his eyes and turned to the woman lying down beside him. She turned her head towards him and Druig felt a heartache as she saw her smile gently.

          - It's been a while since I've seen you. He murmured.

          - You've been kinda busy lately. Nyx chuckled.

          - I miss you so much. He said as he slipped his arm under his head.

          - I know. She smiled sadly. You should sleep and rest, my love. Putting Tiamut to sleep won't be easy. She caressed his cheek but he felt nothing.

          - I'm so tired of everything. He tried to swallow a sob.

          - I know. She repeated herself. Why don't you sleep more ?

          - I lost my most precious night. A tear ran across his face to land on the pillow.

          - Admit you're proud of you for saying that. She laughed, making him lightly smile.

          - Not as much as you expect. My splendid night. Without you, the days seem endless to me.

          - Almost eternal. She added.

          - Yeah. He sighed, rolling on his back to look at the ceiling.

          - You do know I am in your head, right ? I'm just an illusion you create. She said as she caressed his hair

          - Yeah, thanks for reminding me that.

          - Then why don't you let me go ? She asked.

          - Because I can't. Without you I'm nothing. As far as I can remember, I've always loved you. When we first kissed that day, I found something else to believe in.

          - Our love. She guessed, causing him to nod.

          - If I let you go, I won't have anything left. Arishem and Ajak lied to us all those years.

          - Yeah, I didn't see that one coming. She sighed.

          - You're all I have left, Nyx.

          - You're wrong. She said, making him frown. You still have our family. They love you. Maybe not the way and not as hard as I did, but they still love you.