Chapter 31: That day

I woke up the next morning, my tear stained face felt cold. It's been 4 days since Anni was killed, and last night I just barely survived returning to my dorm. After Cleo and I's conversation last night we fell asleep. Cuddling.

"Cleo... Cleo can we talk more about... Everything?" I gently shook her body as  she began to stir awake. She mumbled incoherently before replying with "ohh.. Yeah sure."
Cleo sat up and rubbed away the sleep from her eyes. She took in a deep breath, slowly racking her slim fingers through her hair, as if in thought on how to address the situation. "Anni... She found out something. Something big, and the last thing she wanted was for you to be safe. We all do, and we've got a plan." Cleo started, which confused me even more.

"Cleo, what are you-"
"Shh, I'll begin from the start now."

Cleo silenced me, before taking hold of my hands and beginning.
"That day..."

Flashback

Anni's POV

"I don't think we should go out Tae... It's better this way. I mean, we can't anyway, the rules..." Y/n's response shocked us all, to say the least. Tae was at a loss for words, he had so many emotions going through him. We all watched as he fell to the ground. Karma rushed to his side,  "Taehyung, hey, are you okay?" Karma received no answer as Taehyung stared blankly at the floor, his hands beginning to shake. Y/n was worried, it was clear by her eyes, "it was my title... Wasnt it?" Tae whispered, defeated. Y/n tried to defend herself, but Tae didn't have it. In the end, she ran away. I chased after her, following her down the staircase. "Y/n, come back!" I yelled, almost tripping over one of the steps. She finally halted, leaning against the door to the 4th floor. "Anni... I can't do this, please, he's not for me." Y/n had tears pricked at her eyes. "I really trust him, I do, but something tells me I shouldn't do this." She continued, still having rapid breaths. I caught my breath and finally replied to her, "it's okay... I'm sure they'll understand. You don't have to be in a relationship if you don't want to." I gave her an empathetic smile, trying my best to ignore the uneasy feeling I had.

Y/n and I went to the canteen after that. We decided to get some water and try to figure out what to do. "I just don't get it.. Can't he live without me?" Y/n sighed, holding her head in her hands. I looked down, "I'm sorry Y/n." I had nothing else to say, what could I say? An Innocent girl has been caught up in this mess. We both turned our heads when we heard footsteps coming towards us. It was Karma and Cleo.
They sat down opposite us. "Y/n, will you really reject Tae?" Karma spoke up first. Y/n simply nodded her head.
Cleo sighed, "Y/n, did something happen? You guys were doing amazing."
Y/n abruptly stood up, "can't I reject him? What's so wrong about that!" She yelled, showcasing how she truly felt. Karma and Cleo exchanged glances with each other before also standing up.

Narrator pov

Y/n looked at both Cleo and Karma, seeing that they had no intention of accepting your answer. "What's so good about Taehyung anyway!? I'm scared of him, okay? I'm scared, he's a killer and he's done horrible stuff to me already." You rambled on, "fine, I never liked him. I stayed with him because I was afraid he'd kill me. I heard what's said about him, he killed his parents. And his ex. You think I don't know that? Cleo, you killed your own parents. Karma, I know you drugged your brother's girlfriend." You watched as Karma and Cleo's faces drop. You turn around just to be greeted by the last person you wanted to see right now, Taehyung.

"What the fuck did you just say?" He sounded calm, too calm. You felt your veins go cold as he walked closer and closer to you. Anni quickly came between the two of you, "hey... Y/n just apologise, you didn't mean anything right?" Anni attempted to fix what had just happened, but it was too late. Cleo walked around the table and pushed Anni aside, before she slapped you across the face. "You can say what you want about me, but don't bring Tae nor Karma down." She spat, taking Karma's hand and leaving. Anni took ahold of Taehyung's shoulders, ushering him back to the elevator too.

You stood there, scared for your life. You'd never seen such cold eyes before. Taehyung was pissed off... At you.