Chp3: The Boy On The Roof

"You're my new friend, okay?" I nodded, and walked out the bathroom with her. I guess this won't be as bad.

Anni and I spoke for a while. Then, I had to go back, I felt so tired. I completely forgot about Cleo. Although, when I touched the pale door of the bedroom, it hit me. The crazy maniac is here. Although, she is still human, like me... I opened the door and straight away was met with a sharp knife, the same one as before. I gasped and stopped moving.

"Hehe... Hello!" Cleo said, in a cheery, but creepy, tone. "Hi..." I whispered, trying to move away from the knife, that was now trailing down my neck. "I want to see if this..." She stabbed the knife into my right arm, "hurts!" She pulled it out and laughed, while watching me cry in pain. I held onto my arm, watching her laugh. I fell onto my knees, trying to endure the pain. "W-Why..." I yelped.

She tilted her head, "why? It's because... We're mental!" She laughed and mocked me for saying 'why'. I stumbled my way to my bag. I rummaged through my bag, then lifted up a bandage and quickly wrapped it around my arm. "Phew... At least that can hold all the blood... For now." I sighed in relief. "Goodnight!" She flicked the lights off. I heard her entering her bed. She fell asleep quick, I could hear her snores. I got up and, using one hand, climbed up the ladder, to my top bunk. Then drifted to sleep, still in a lot of pain.

"Good morning!" I felt someone's breath on my face. I widened my eyes, only to lock eyes with Cleo. "Uh... Morning..." I said, whilst trying to push her away. "Not so fast!" She pinned me down onto the bed. "I haven't finished you know." She said. I didn't even want to know what she was going to do this time. I shut my eyes, waiting for her knife to do something.

But it didn't.

I opened my eyes, slowly. Nobody was there. The hell? Am I... Going mad?! Oh no... I got out of bed, then climbed down the ladder and saw Cleo sound asleep. I walked up to my closet and changed into a hoodie and jeans. I left the room, then went and brushed my teeth. Breakfast could be smelt all the way from the fourth floor corridor. I then walked down the corridor, heading for the elevator. I saw many others entering the elevator.

It started to go up, rather than down. I let out a sigh and leaned against the back of the elevator. A group of people had entered the elevator once it had stopped at the fifth floor. They all looked... Dead. Mental. Broken. I tried to stick with the fourth floor patients, otherwise, who knows what would happen if I mingle with fifth.

The elevator started to go down, slowly. It stopped at fourth again and I saw Anni and Cleo enter. I bent down a bit and hid behind a tall figure, not hiding from Anni, but Cleo. I heard them all mumbling death threats to eachother. It wasn't fifth floor though, they stayed absolutely silent, while my floor, and a bit of third floor, mumbled death threats towards them.

"Jeez." I blurted out. "What?" A boy glared at me. I shook my head, "n-nothing." We finally reached the bottom floor. I waited for everyone to leave. I took a deep breath, then left the elevator and into the cafeteria.

"Y/n! Come here!" I had chosen scrambled eggs for breakfast, along with iced water and a green apple. I walked over to Anni, who had invited me to her table. "Hey, Anni!" She waved and gave me a smile. "Let me introduce you to my friend, Karma." She pointed at the girl I had met yesterday, the one that had told me to 'get lost'. "I know you ..." She mumbled, whilst looking over Anni's shoulder. She took a good look at me.

"Weird." She said, then went back to smashing her, already smashed, scrambled eggs. "Uh..." Anni put her index finger on her lips, "don't question it, anyways, Karma, this is Y/n. Y/n, Karma." I nodded, then gave her a small smile. She shot a glare, but I kept on smiling. "If you keep smiling, then I'll start to actually cut through your skin, meaning, I'll murder you." That's when she smiled, but it wasn't the nicest. "Erm, excuse her, you see..." Anni started to turn her voice into a whisper, "she's from the fifth floor... She's has a name for being one of the top 3 craziest people here." Wow.