Chapter 29: Pleads

YOUR POV

I smiled to myself, recalling the short encounter in the infirmary. "Why are you smiling?" Rook jogged up to me. I shook my head, still smiling, "It's nothing." Rook noticed the eye patch covering my left eye. "Y/n! What happened to your eye?" Rook gasped dramatically, reaching up to stroke my cheek. I awkwardly backed away, "I... I tripped..." I mumbled a terrible lie. "As if he'll believe that. "Who did it? I'll kill them for you." Rook sneers. "It's fine. Come on, I'm hungry."

He shrugs it off and walks me to the cafeteria. It's currently 8:03 am, yes the exact time, Rook and I are heading to the canteen for breakfast. "So, whose your roommate? You never told me." He asks, sitting down once we got our food. "Eh... Cleo." I mutter, digging into the food. His eyes widen a little, "Cleo? She's going to kill you!" He hisses, hands flying up. I roll my eyes, "If she was going to kill me, she would've already." I continue to eat the stale bread.

"True. She was your old roommate, wasn't she?" Rook questioned, resting his chin on his palm, watching me scowl at the horrible taste of the bread. "Yeah, wasn't the best at first, but, of course, after everything that's happened... Rook what the hell are you staring at?" I pause my sentence, turning to face Rook. His eyes were stuck on my face, "Hm? Oh nothing." Rook shifts away and lifts his cup of water up, downing it in one gulp.

Rook suddenly rose, cracking his knuckles, "So what do you wanna do?" Rook asks, throwing away the rest of his food. Having enough of the rock hard bread, I follow suite, chucking it into the bin. "Should we ask if we can go on a walk?" I suggested, stuffing my hands into the pockets of my moon-designed hoodie. He nodded, heading towards the reception with me tagged behind him.

"Sorry, I'm afraid we aren't allowed to let any of you leave for the next 2 weeks after the incident at the school. Please do understand. You can go into the garden though!" The reception lady told us, holding a slightly sympathetic smile on her face. Rook sighed, "alright, thank you," He murmured before walking back to me, where I was waiting near to the doors. "It's a no go I'm afraid, should we just head to the garden?" He asks. I nod and follow him out.

We entered the garden, and surprise surprise, Cleo and Karma were there. I slowed my steps, hesitant to continue my plans with Rook. He gripped my arm and tugged it forward along with him. "Rook!" I muttered, "do you not have eyes?!" Rook hushed me, "Jesus, Y/n, calm yourself." He sat us down underneath a tree at the back of the yard. Cleo and Karma kept glancing our way, Rook took no notice of it but I had. It was uncomfortable, "Rook, please can we just go somewhere else?" I plead, once again. "No." An instant reply, clearly he wasn't happy. "Rook, plea-"
"Y/n, how many times do I have to tell you? Just shut up!" He yelled, his neck vibrantly red. He was pissed. But why?

I looked away, mumbling a pathetic "sorry." It turned out we had attracted quite the attention. "Is that Rook and Y/n? Are they having a couples argument?" Casie, that silly little girl. All she does is spread rumors, she belongs to a high school full of reckless and stupid teenagers not here. I stood up, "sort yourself out, Rook." I whispered, strutting away. Once I entered the building, I felt like I could finally breathe. I exhaled a long breath, that must've really come from way back. "Stressed?"
I yelped, "Who- Anni?" She grabbed my arm and lead me towards the bathrooms. "What is it?" I asked. It was odd for Anni to be with me right now. "Nayeon and Taehyung aren't dating." Anni rapidly says, eyes wide. "What- Anni what are you saying?" I tried to calm her down, "Y/n, y/n, please... Please come back." Anni fell to her knees, begging incoherently. "What... Anni I can't understand, just tell me what it is." I kneel in front of her. "Rook... Rooks... You're in danger, Y/n. You need to go back to Taehyung, please. You- you don't know how bad it is..." She had tears streaming down her face, her hands clenched tightly onto my clothes. "Why? What's going on, Anni?"

"Rook... Rook is-"

BANG

Anni fell flat to the ground, the warmth of her life stolen by the cold embrace of death, blood rushed out of her chest and tainted her pale clothes. "A-Anni?" She remained silent, nothing but the ringing sound of the bullet that pierced through Anni remained. "No... What... Who... " I gripped her lifeless body, "get up!" Worthlessly I yelled at her body until I couldn't any more. A few nurses came in with a bed to take her in. I sat there, silently. Going over the words that she had said previously. Nothing could process through my brain. Just the sight of her laying there, and the sight of her desperately trying to warn me about something.

There was something wrong going on, but I couldn't catch on in time. Maybe it was for the best that what happened, happened.