Chp1: The Hospital

"Dear! Come down once you have finished changing!" My Halmeoni called from the living room. "Alright halmeoni!" (Grandmother = Halmeoni) I threw on a over sized white hoodie, and black ripped jeans, then quickly tied my hair into a messy bun. I checked myself out in the mirror and looked disgusted at myself. I let out a deep sigh. "I'm not even crazy... Halmeoni is!" I muttered and walked up to my door. I slowly turned the golden door knob and walked out, kicking the door hard before hopping down the stair case. "I left the pancakes on the table, I shall be back once I get some petrol." Halmeoni gave me a small smile and walked out the front door. I stretched my arms out, then sat on the table and began eating my pancakes with a bit of maple syrup drizzled on top.

"I'm back!" Halmeoni slowly closed the door and took a seat next to me on the couch. "Now, I want to make sure you're okay before we go. You can tell me anything my dear." She spoke slowly. "No. I'm fine." I gave her a fake weak smile. 'Of course I'm not fine! You think I'm mentally ill or unstable or whatever, but I'm not!' I thought to myself. "Okay, let's go then." She stood up and gave me a hand. I held it throughout the journey towards the car, only a few seconds away, but it felt like an eternity.

We arrived in front of the hospital. Old, but new looking. "Here it is!" She said, trying to act happy. "I-I'm not mental though!" I stuttered out. I don't want to live in this dump! "Don't worry, I'll always visit! So will your Halabeoji." She waves at me and took one last glance, then walked back to her car. I watched as she slowly drove away, her car becoming nothing, but a black outline...

I entered the hospital, and to my surprise, all eyes turned to me. There were many patients sitting in the lobby, all talking. A doctor and nurse approached me and bowed, "Y/n, correct?" I nodded and bowed. "Yeah, that's me. Annyeonghaseyo..." The doctor and nurse smiled at me and told me to follow them through the white corridors of the hospital. "So, we have different types of, crazy people here. The first floor, which we are on at the moment, is where you all shall hang out. Also, where the cafeteria is. The second floor holds the 'soon to be released' patients. Third floor is the ones who are being treated and may be sent down to the second, then be discharged. Fourth floor holds the ones who may... Take... A long time to recover, or just never recover, ever. Again." He stayed silent for a moment, while calling the elevator.

We stepped in and, immediately, the elevators stand by music rang in my ears. I winced at the sound, but then soon became immune to it. "There is another floor too," he carried on, "the fifth floor... Where the craziest people live... I suggest you NEVER go there. It's for your own safety." He explained. "Anyway, you'll be in the third floor. And this is your nurse who will be giving you regular check ups and she will help you around, call her Miss. Lee." I turned on my heel to face her and gave her a small wave and a smile. "Annyeonghaseyo, y/n." The rest of the journey up the elevator stayed silent, well for me, Miss. Lee and the doctor were talking about some patient called 'Kim Taehyung'. Their voices sounded quite worried, but I didn't listen to their conversation, that's just rude. The elevator had stopped at the fourth floor, I waved goodbye to the doctor and followed Miss. Lee.

"Here is your room." She opened the door and let me enter first. I saw a bunk bed, but nobody else in the room apart from Miss. Lee. "You have a roommate, she will be back shortly." Miss. Lee explained. I nodded. I looked around and examined the room. It's completely white, although I did notice a few markings on the wall in the corner, one of them read 'I'll be out don't worry'. Some of them were creepy, but it makes sense, this is a mental place. The craziest of them all live another 2 floors above us though, and this already looks horrid. I wonder what my roommate looks like. She must look messed up and sound and do twisted things.

I hope I don't become like that.

The thought gave me shivers down my spine, sending me to flinch at my own words. Maybe I am crazy after all. I thought. My thoughts were crushed as Miss. Lee cleared her throat, "your Halabeoji and Halmeoni have already given all your clothes, accessories, and belongings, also a small photo frame. Don't worry, we haven't touched anything, we left them in the corner over there." She reassured my stuff were safe, and pointed to the corner of the room, next to the bunk. "Okay, Hamida..." I bowed and she left. The room became dead silent. I think I might just become mental staying in this crazy home...

A/n

I hope you liked my first chapter!