Chapter 3: Committed

Aurora

"This is your apartment," Nina said once I stepped onto the apartment on the tenth floor. She handed me the apartment keycard. "Let me give you a tour."

We got into the apartment, and I was met with a simple yet fancy living room at first. There were a few couches and a coffee table in between. When I turned to my left, I saw three rooms, and on my right side, there were three more rooms.

Nina pointed to the left and said, "That's Declan's room and that's Jaxon's."

"Is the third room Davian's?" I asked curiously.

She shook her head in denial. "The third room is the kitchen and dining area. Both are attached there." Then, she pointed to the right side. "The corner room is Davian's, and the room across will be yours. The middle room is the practice room with all the instruments."

Davian and I were on the same side of the apartment? Just great. He was the only person who wasn't happy with me joining the band, except me, and yet the two of us were stuck together.

"Please tell me I don't have to share the bathroom with the boys," I mumbled, making Nina burst into laughter.

"LM makes sure every artist lives in comfort. You are the future of LM, after all. So every bedroom has an attached bathroom."

I heaved a sigh in relief and started walking to my room. "My belongings are there, right?"

"Yes," Nina responded curtly, and I closed the door of my bedroom.

As soon as my eyes scanned the room, I couldn't help but screech seeing the entire pink-painted room. Everything was covered with different shades of pink. The shelves, the beanbag, the bed, the ceiling, the wall—every goddamn thing. I didn't even dare to open the pink bathroom door because I knew it would be all pink too.

My luggage was at one corner. Immediately, I took my belongings and got out of the room, only to find Davian getting out of his room as well.

He looked at me from head to toe, arching an eyebrow. "Are you waiting for me to ask you what's wrong?"

"Why is everything pink? And why wasn't I warned about it?"

His lips curved into an amused smile. "Nora loved pink, and everyone has the right to decorate their room, so she decided to use every shade of pink she could think of." He further spoke, "Besides, you shouldn't worry much about the room color. Not as if you will stay that long."

Davian walked to the living room and sat on a couch comfortably, going through his phone now as if I didn't even exist.

I pretended not to hear his last statement.

So I got Nora's pink bedroom as well. If I wanted to stay in this band, even if it's temporary like Nora, I had to make my own place, instead of taking over Nora's. But would I be able to do that? Davian thought of me as a replacement, and I was sure the other two boys secretly did too.

"Why are you standing outside of your room with your stuff?" Jaxon asked as he got out of his room and sat on another couch followed by Declan, who had a book in his hand.

"I won't stay in that room till I repaint it and re-decorate it fully," I announced sternly.

"You don't like pink?" Declan asked in surprise.

"Nora lived her way, but now I am a part of the band, and I want to live my way. So I will decorate my bedroom before I move in there."

Declan twitched his lips in amusement and commented, "Good for you."