Chapter 17: Crushing Hard

Aurora

Monday—finally, the results would be out in the afternoon.

I was excited but also scared at the same time. It was okay if we didn't get selected, but if we did, it would be a great opportunity for all of us, especially for me since the main reason for auditioning in the first place was for my debut. Even the thought of getting selected in my favorite series was making me giddy.

Someone knocked on my door all of a sudden. I was ready for school in a green top and denim shorts and just needed to tie my hair. I grabbed the rubber band and hollered, "Come in!"

I started to tie my hair into a ponytail and glanced at the door from the mirror. Davian was standing there, wearing a gray shirt with black jeans, his hair a little disheveled.

So damn handsome.

What the hell? What's wrong with me?

Ever since that day on the rooftop, why was I looking at him differently? He was Davian Leighton. He always looked good. He was like one of those paintings which were constantly beautiful. Yet, with each passing day, I was finding myself more enamored by that painting, even though nothing significant had changed.

Maybe I was the one who changed. Maybe it was the way I looked at him that changed, which was why he was getting more handsome in my eyes. Not to mention, his smiles directed at me always did something to my belly; it was getting more intense every passing day.

"If it's taking that long for you to tie your hair, then you should leave it open," his voice brought me out of my trance.

"Huh?" I let out, confused at what he just said.

He raised his brows. "We will be late for class if we don't set out for breakfast now. Time is running out. Come on, Aura." He showed me his phone's lock screen where the time was displayed.

However, my eyes went straight to the wallpaper of his lock screen. His wallpaper was a picture of him with his best friends. Davian was standing on a big stage, in the middle, with each of his arms draped over Jaxon and Declan's shoulders who were beside him, all three of them with their signature smiles.

Davian was looking absolutely hot there. His smile was just perfect. He—stop, Aurora!

"Hey? Are you okay?" Davian asked me, putting his phone back in his pocket.

I gave a curt nod. "You go ahead. I will join you guys in a bit."

He gave me a smile that flipped my stomach and walked out of my bedroom. I plopped on my bed with a sigh.

Seriously, Aurora, what's going on with you? Why can't you take your eyes off him? Stop acting weird. You will make Davian feel awkward too.

Whatever it was that I was experiencing with Davian, it was starting to get out of control. I needed to get a grip on these unusual thoughts.

I shook my head, forcing a smile on my face, and rushed out of my room, the rubber band on my wrist instead of tied in my hair.

Once I got out, I saw the three boys waiting in the living room for me.

Seeing me, Jaxon let out with a grin, "Finally, we can go to LMF. I am starving. Hurry!" He grabbed Declan's arm and ran out of the apartment.

I chuckled and started walking in the direction of the elevator. Once we left the dorm building, I felt a familiar presence next to me as I continued walking. I hesitated to look at the person because I knew it was Davian.