Chapter 8: Final Callback

Aurora

"That was perfect," I spoke up as soon as we got out of the audition room.

"I know, right? Even though we were a band before Aura joined us. Still, today felt like the band was completed." Jaxon gave me a side-hug as my smile didn't fade.

I was beyond happy today.

"I don't care whether we get the role or not, but I am happy with our performance. I enjoyed it a lot," I said and looked at Davian, who was quiet but had a small, pleased smile playing on his lips.

Declan seemed to notice it as well because he questioned, "I thought you wouldn't come, Davian?"

Davian put his hands in the pocket of his blue jeans and said, "I couldn't let my band get humiliated, now could I?" With that, he was about to walk away, but I stood in front of him, blocking his way.

He raised his brows at me.

I sucked in a deep breath. "Davian, I know you think of me as a temporary replacement. You also think I will leave the band one day, but—"

"No one can tell the future, Aura," he repeated my words.

I nodded my head. "Exactly. None can tell the future, so we should live in the present. And at present, we are a band together. I am friends with Dee and Jax, but you consider me only as a bandmate, for now, that too, rarely. I don't want you to push me away with the fear of the future. I know you are trying to bond with me, so..."

"What do you want?"

"I want to be friends with you. Will you be my friend, Davian Leighton?" I asked after mustering enough courage. I stretched a hand to shake it with him and start a new beginning from here.

Davian looked at my hand, skeptical about whether he should accept the friendship or not.

"If she gets on one knee, it will look like a marriage proposal," Jaxon commented at the awkward silence.

"Shut up, Jax," Declan scolded Jaxon and turned to Davian  "The least you can do is give a try on this friendship, Davian. All of us know that Aura's different from Nora. She's not a replacement. She's an individual bandmate."

"Plus, Aura is into boys only." As soon as Jaxon said that, I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, Jax," Declan, Davian, and I said in unison this time.

Jaxon raised up his hands in surrender. "Geez, guys. Way to gang up on me."

I looked at Davian once again. "So what do you think?"

He sucked in a deep breath and shook my hand with his. "Friends," he mumbled.

I smiled brightly. "Friends."

Our eyes locked on each other, and this time, he gave me a warm smile, and I didn't know why I felt something different stir in my chest.

"Time for a group hug!" Jaxon chirped and pulled me and Davian into a hug. "Dee, join us."

"I didn't know we had a thing called group hug," Declan mumbled while joining the hug with a shrug.

"Neither did I," added Davian.

"Then, why are we doing this now?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Because it's a thing from now on," Jaxon confirmed, making all of us chuckle. He was indeed weird, but a good, weird person.

After a brief moment of peaceful silence in the group hug, Jaxon said, "Umm... guys? Can we break the hug now? As much as I love our friendship, I love food more and I'm starving. Plus, it's getting weird now."