Chapter 33: The Drama

Aurora

I watched Kiara in disbelief, while she shifted her gaze towards the floor, playing with her fingers in nervousness.

"When?" I managed to ask.

"This morning before breakfast... He came to pick up your breakfast today as you guys didn't come to the restaurant for it. I met him and saw he was alone, so I decided to use that opportunity."

"Why, all of a sudden, Kiara?" I couldn't understand why she did that so abruptly without any plans.

She finally met my gaze. "I had to. I had no reason to bottle up what I felt for him anymore. The rivalry was over, and everything was going smoothly. I didn't want to regret why I never asked him out. So I just did it."

I nodded slowly, understanding her situation now. She had to let out what she felt, after all. Otherwise, her crush on Declan would be more visible, which was what happened in my case with Davian.

"What did Dee reply?"

She sighed, her shoulders slumping in defeat. "Obviously, he said no."

I felt a little bit of relief hearing that. I didn't know whether Declan liked anyone or not since he pretty much kept his mouth shut about himself, but it was obvious he didn't like Kiara.

However, what if Declan told this to Jaxon, unaware of Jaxon's feelings? Jaxon would be so heartbroken.

No, I had to tell the truth to Jaxon. I couldn't let him stay in his imaginary world for much longer. Before telling him the truth, I should have a talk with Declan. Was Kiara the reason Declan didn't come to submit the assignment today? Because he felt bad for rejecting her?

"It's okay, Kiara." I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Now that you know he doesn't feel the same, you can easily move on."

Kiara smiled at me. "Yes. At least, I feel better after expressing what I felt for him to him. If that made any sense?"

I laughed at her confusion and said, "Okay, I will go and submit my assignment. You go and attend the next class."

"Sometimes, I am jealous of you. Even if you don't have to shoot, if you don't come to the school, they won't care. Argh," she whined.

I pulled my imaginary collar and said, "Perks of being in the LM series."

She rolled her eyes playfully and walked away.

###

As soon as I submitted my assignment, I returned to the dorm, and now, I was standing in front of Declan's room, trying to gather some courage to talk to him.

"I got this," I mumbled to myself and knocked on Declan's room.

"Come in," said Declan.

I got into his room.

Declan was sitting on his study table as he solved maths on his note copy. He paused the online class lecture video LM recorded for us, then he looked at me and gave a faint smile. "Hey, Aura. Come and have a seat."

"Hey, Dee," I said and sat on the bean bag near his table.

He closed his copy and put his pen lid on before spinning on his chair to directly face me. "What brings you here?" His voice told me he already had a sense that I wanted to discuss something serious. I really loved that observant part of him.

"I just wanted to have a chat with you, unless you are busy, and I—" I was interrupted by him.

"No, no, I am not that busy. I got a lot done in the time you were gone. Plus, I could use some break," he said, stretching his arms over his head.