Chapter 19: Back To Him

Aurora

Oh, no. Ten days were over.

On one hand, I was happy that we would receive the script of the first episode today, along with a short summary. On the other hand, I was nervous because Davian was my love interest in the series.

I thought my crush would disappear, but I was wrong in every possible way. In fact, this distance made me realize how deep my crush for Davian was. All the time I spent physically away from him, my mind was always thinking about him, even more so than before. It was way different from anything I had ever felt. I had no choice but to accept the fact.

Now, I just had to try my best to not let my crush affect our friendship at any cost. It was not going to be one bit easy. Because these feelings were uncontrollable.

"Hey, Aura," Davian greeted with a smile.

Why did he always have to smile while talking to me? That smile was my deadliest weakness. Sometimes, I got scared that the wind would knock me over with how weak my knees sometimes got around him.

"Hey." I returned the smile, albeit a little awkwardly.

Despite my weird behavior towards him, Davian was totally normal with me, rather he was trying to accommodate me even more, which only fueled my crush on him.

"Is it only me or Aura has been acting weird towards Davian?" Jaxon wondered aloud, making my eyes grow wide.

We were in the private conference room, waiting for Julia, Keth, Cillian, and Nina. Our sitting arrangement was the same as the first meeting.

"No, Jax. It's only you," Declan scolded Jaxon, then winked at me.

I rolled my eyes.

Declan didn't say anything directly, but he always kept teasing me indirectly these past few days. Unfortunately, besides Kiara, he happened to know about my crush on Davian. When he heard me singing the song that day, it didn't take even a few seconds for him to realize that the song was for Davian. As a result, I was getting exposed to more of his evil side, which I really would have preferred not to.

"But—"

This time, Davian interrupted Jaxon, "It's really only you, Jax. Aura just learned to be a good bandmate, I guess." He chuckled by himself when he said that.

I glared at him, but that didn't last long as I soon found myself admiring his features. Why did God make him so attractive? It was so unfair!

"If it wasn't awkward before, it's going to get now. Stop checking him out, Aura, unless you want him to catch you," Declan whispered into my ear, immediately making me realize my actions.

I averted my gaze, my cheeks heating up in embarrassment.

"Hey, my artists, and now, soon-to-be actors," Keth greeted as soon as he entered the room followed by Nina, and I let out a secret sigh of relief. "As Cillian and Julia have other stuff to work on, today only the six of us will be here."

He took his seat while Nina handed each of us an envelope.

"These are the scripts of the first episode," she informed us and sat down on her seat.

I touched the envelope with shaky hands. All of this was happening. I was actually going to be in a series I have always dreamt of.

"Congratulations on getting the first script," announced Keth. "Now, let me tell you everything in detail. Today is Thursday, and you received the script. So by next Thursday, you have to complete the entire shooting of the first episode, and then, take the script of the second episode. Clear?"