Chapter 7: Butterflies, Don't Know Why

Aurora

"Guys, are you ready to see my new bedroom?" I asked, clapping my hands in excitement.

I was standing outside the closed door of my bedroom, practically beaming at Davian and Declan chilling on the couch in the living room.

"Sure," Declan volunteered happily.

"Do we have an option not to?" Davian groaned, but I pretended to ignore him.

"Where is Jax? Don't tell me he fell asleep after lunch. It's evening now already," I mumbled, and when the boys didn't respond, I knew I guessed it correctly. "I am going to wake him up." I marched towards Jaxon's room.

His room was pretty much like his nature—warm and bubbly with the shade of light blue like the open sky, then descending to the darkness of the night with the darker shades of blue. The wall paintings in his room were certainly interesting. However, the best part was that he had a small pool in his bedroom.

I hadn't seen Davian's room yet. I saw Declan's room when I went to ask him whether his assignment was completed yet, and if it was, to help me catch up to the whole week's study I missed, despite him being a grade higher than me, since he seemed to be the academically smartest one in the band. His bedroom was really awesome, and it was in a combination of black, white, and golden. His room radiated the elegance Declan himself carried all the time.

I found Jaxon sleeping on his bed, wrapped in the duvet like a burrito.

"Jax, get up." I shook his shoulder politely. When he didn't even move an inch, I remembered how much of a hard task it was to make him wake up, so it was pretty much pointless for me to be polite to him while dragging him out of his beauty sleep.

I walked to the swimming pool in his bedroom, took some water in my hand, and splashed it straight over Jaxon.

He woke up immediately, his hands fluttering for help as if he was actually in a sea. "Tsunami! Tsunami!"

"Geez, you woke up at least," I let out.

Jaxon glanced at me, still trying to figure out what was happening. When he saw where I was standing, he heaved a sigh in relief. "So there's no tsunami. It's only you, Aura."

"Yup. Now, get up and see my new bedroom."

This time, he glared at me. "You woke me up just so that I can see your bedroom?"

I gave an innocent look as I said, "Yes." I further said, "You didn't even come shopping with us today, so the least you can do is see my new bedroom and give an opinion. Unless you don't care about me at all."

He groaned. "Okay, fine. You don't have to emotionally blackmail me now. I'm up, I'm up."

I grinned victoriously. "I will be waiting with Dee and Davian in the living room," I informed and headed out of his room.

"Did he get up?" Davian asked me as soon as he spotted me.

When I nodded my head, Declan's eyes grew as wide as saucers. "What did you do?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I replied, "Just poured some water on his face from the pool."

The two boys chortled immediately.

"You are a fast learner, Aura. Well done," commented Declan, giving me an impressed hand clap.

"I have to adjust, after all," I said proudly.

Just then, Jaxon got out of his room, grumbling, "Someone decided to put a pause to my hibernation."

I smiled at him. "Let's show you guys my room now. I am really excited!" I opened the door of the bedroom as the boys stood behind me. I jumped inside and ushered, "Welcome to Aura's den, gentlemen."