Chapter 35: Together & Forever

Aurora

"Dee, Jax is drinking soda," I announced to Declan, who was sitting next to Davian on the couch in the living room. Today, we decided to put an end to the soda issue.

Last night, Davian and I were too tired to talk about it. We were mentally prepared that either Jaxon or Declan consumed soda on a somewhat regular basis. Yet, it was shocking, and I couldn't sleep at all. Seeing Davian's dark eye bags, I was sure even he was wide awake the entire night. I couldn't make sense of why Jaxon would want to do this to himself. He had to know about its harmfulness, right?

"What?" Declan asked, dumbfounded.

"I said that Jax is dri—" I was interrupted by him.

"I heard what you said, but I think you aren't in your right mind, Aura. Sodas are forbidden."

"Exactly. And we saw the soda cans in Jax's room," I pointed out.

Declan glanced at Davian, not believing my words. When Davian nodded, Declan put his hands on his face, letting out a groan in annoyance.

"This guy is a mess. He falls for the wrong girl who doesn't like him back, and now, he's drinking sodas. Does he not care about his career?" Declan mumbled and looked at us. "Well, now what? What should we do?"

"We can tell Cillian. I think he can help us," I suggested.

Immediately, Davian said, "No."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Why not? He's our manager."

"He will talk to the LM officials about it, and if the matter goes there, Jax will be kicked out from B4U." As soon as Davian said that, a gasp escaped my lips.

"Is LM that scary?" I couldn't help but ask. Just the thought of B4U without one of us in it was terrifying.

"LM only cares about the benefits. They remove every possible hurdle that may arise," Declan informed me.

"Well, they can't remove Jax from the band. The fans will go crazy," I pointed out.

Davian sighed. "They won't care, Aura. The fans didn't accept you at first, yet LM never cared. They just need their work to be done, which is to provide great quality music and load them with money."

"LM doesn't seem like that. They genuinely care about the artists."

He chuckled humorlessly. "Welcome to the harsh reality. LM has so many things you are yet to see."

Declan sighed. "Anyway, as things stand right now, we can't let anyone know about this. We have to solve this ourselves."

"Yeah," Davian agreed. "We have to talk to Jax about it directly."

"Talk about what?" The three of us looked at Jaxon, who got out of his room with a small smile on his lips. He walked to us and repeated, "Talk about what?"

Declan got up from his seat and punched him hard on his shoulder.

"Ouch," Jaxon winced in pain. "Dude, what's wrong?"

Davian also got up and punched Jaxon's other shoulder.

"Why am I getting abused?" he let out dramatically. "Aura, can I expect some help from you? Or are you going to hit me as well? They hit my shoulders, so you can either hit on my face or my stomach. But my face is what my fans love, so hit my stomach. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday's lunch, so I won't throw up on you, don't worry."

I stood up and put my hands on my hips. I glared at him, trying not to smile at his comment. "Why are you drinking sodas, despite knowing it's banned as an LM artist?"

The color drained from his face when I mentioned him taking sodas.

"Oh... so you guys found out," he mumbled, guilt covering his face.

"Yes, and you owe us an explanation," Declan stated sternly.

Jaxon slumped his shoulders in defeat and sat on the couch. We sat as well.

"Shoot the questions," he said.

"Why?"

"When?"

"How?"

Davian, Declan, and I asked at the same time.

Jaxon looked at us as if we all had grown two heads. "I will answer each question one by one. So ask properly, will you?"

"Fine, I will start," Davian said to him. "Why did you start drinking sodas despite knowing the harmful effects?"

"I started drinking them at the beginning of the sophomore year, as in, the last year. I went home during the Summer and my step-mom said to try one soda," Jaxon started narrating. "I didn't want to and said it was not allowed in LM, but when she said LM won't know, I started drinking and since then I couldn't stop."

"How do you get these sodas here?" I asked curiously.

"My step-mom sends it for me," he informed us.

"Shit, Jax," Davian uttered, running his hand through his hair in annoyance. "You know, she doesn't want you to succeed. How can you fall for her trap?"

Jaxon lowered his gaze. "I know, but I developed an addiction to soda. I just can't stop anymore. I try to drink less, but it's too hard to control."

"You know the consequences, Jax," Declan mumbled. "It will damage your voice. LM will remove your existence from here if they find the truth."

"I... I will try to work on it," he let out.

I placed my hand over Jaxon's shoulder and said with a smile, "Don't worry, Jax. If you are determined to stop drinking sodas, we will do everything to help you."

Jaxon returned my smile with his warm one. "I really want to stop this, Aura, trust me." When I furrowed my eyebrows, still suspicious, he placed his left hand over the right of his chest and said, "I swear."

I burst into laughter seeing his action. "It's the right hand, Jax."

"Oh, right. Sorry, I'm not very good at figuring out human anatomy." Immediately, he changed his left hand with the right one, placing it over his actual heart. "As I was saying, I don't want to risk my career or the band, so I really want to work on this issue."

"Then, we are here for you, like we have always been," Davian said to Jaxon, who looked at Declan to hear from him too.

"I am there for you too, Jax," Declan told him, making Jaxon grin. "By the way, I hope you aren't upset with me."

Jaxon shook his head. "Why will I be upset with you, Dee? It's not your fault. People have different choices. It's not like you went around trying to impress her."

"Still," Declan started, "Just to let you know, I don't like Kiara in that way, at all."

"I know, Dee. I know she's not remotely your type. Chill." Jaxon said, "Besides, now I want to forget that incident and focus on the positive aspects of my life. I have an entire bright future awaiting me. I can't let a simple rejection ruin that. I want to work on myself and fix my screwed-up life."

"That's the Jax we all love and are proud of," I ordered and stood up. "Guys, stand up."

Davian and Declan obeyed me instantly.

"Why?" Jaxon asked, but when I shot him a glare, he listened to me quietly.

"Time for a group hug." I grinned and hugged Jaxon.

Davian and Declan joined us with a smile.

This B4U was my together and forever. Every time a problem would arise, we would fight it together. This was our bond.