Chapter 13: Midnight Talk

Aurora

"Davian, what if we use this tune here instead of the one you showed?" I used my guitar and made him hear the tune.

"Yeah, I like this one more. It goes with my drum's beat," Declan commented.

We were in the practice room of our dorm.

"But I like Davian's one more," Jaxon spoke up. "Though Aura's one is nice, too. I can play my instrument with any tune, so I don't mind."

I glanced at Davian. "Then, your decision will be the final call. Which one will be better?"

He twitched his lips, getting into deep thinking, and decided to answer, "Let's go with your one."

I smiled, and we continued to fix the perfect background music for the theme song.

After four more hours, finally, we fixed the music and recorded it. As it was already nighttime, Davian took the responsibility of editing the recording of the music and sending it to Cillian as soon as he was done.

If Cillian liked it, we would sing the song in the LMR tomorrow after school ended. I was excited to sing in the LMR for the first time!

Currently, I was sitting on my bed. I tried to sleep, but the excitement was keeping me awake.

Sighing, I got out of my room and stood out of Davian's bedroom door.

Should I knock on the door? It was almost eleven at night.  What if he got annoyed?

Sucking in a deep breath, I raised my right hand and was about to knock on the door. However, all of a sudden, the door opened on its own.

Davian got startled, and so did I. But maybe I was more caught off-guard as I was almost about to scream until my eyes locked with the familiar gray ones.

I noticed today on the rooftop that he had a nice eye color. How could I have not noticed how pretty his eyes looked until then?

Davian raised his brows.

I kept looking into his eyes, forgetting that I needed to say something.

Suddenly, he snapped his fingers in front of me, making me jump out of my trance.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me.

"I was..." When I realized what just happened, I put my hands on my hips and complained, "Why did you open your door like this? I almost got a mini heart attack. I was about to knock on your door after debating with myself for so—"

"Stress rambling, aren't you?" he interrupted me. "I thought you were excited to record for the first time in LMR. Then, why the rambling?"

Even I was taken aback by his question. I didn't realize I was stressed till he pointed it out.

"I... don't know," I answered honestly.

He shook his head and gave me a small smile. Then, he opened the door of his room wider and said, "Wanna come in?"

Hesitantly, I walked into his bedroom. This was the first time I was inside his room.

When I entered through the door, I was welcomed with a wall-sized window that gave a beautiful night view of the LM compounds. In front of the window was the king-sized bed, and on its left was a hanging hammock with a cushion and his study desk. Beside the door was a flat TV and below it was a low shelf with a huge music collection which immediately got my attention. It was in the shade of his two favorite colors—red and white. It was so beautiful!