Chapter 31: Official Auvian

Aurora

By the time Davian finished singing the song, I was still trying to process what had just happened.

Did Davian sing this song for me to tell me what he really felt? Did he like me too? Or was I misinterpreting it?

But he clearly sang, "'Cause girl, I like you," and he was looking into my eyes intently the entire time.

"Aurora," Davian said, and I could swear that was the most beautiful way someone had uttered my name. He put the guitar aside and walked toward me with that damn smile that always made my heart race twice as fast. He took my hands in his, brushing them softly with his cold fingers as he breathed out, "I like you."

It felt too surreal. I couldn't believe he liked me. All this time I thought it was impossible that he would like me. But now... he was trying to be patient as he waited for my reply anxiously after pouring out his heart through a song, trying to keep up his smile; it made me want to make him yearn longer, but I also wanted to end the suspense.

I smiled warmly and squeezed his hands. "I like you too, Davian." As those words left my mouth, a huge burden was off my chest.

His nervousness instantly disappeared, and his smile got wider. He instantly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug, which I reciprocated. I could hear his loud heartbeat from our embrace. It must have been nerve-wracking to confess, but yet, he did, and I felt so incredibly lucky.

We broke free from the hug when we heard the claps of the two familiar people, standing at one corner of the rooftop, almost as happy as us with huge matching grins etched on their faces.

"Finally, the ship sailed!" Jaxon chirped while walking toward us along with Declan.

"I didn't expect Davian to do this first, but well, this was a pleasant turn of events," Declan said aloud. Then, he whispered to me, "I told you, he liked you."

I tried to glare at him, but I was too happy to get mad today, so I didn't even playfully jab him and ended up smiling once again, blushing a little as well.

"Okay, this was all so sudden. Is this what you guys were up to the entire day? Preparing all these? Planning and plotting behind my back?" I asked the boys.

"Hey, it's rude to label it as planning and plotting," Jaxon protested, making me chortle.

"Yeah, I told Jax and Dee what I felt for you when we were planning the surprise concert for you. Then, we decided that I would tell you what I felt after dealing with the fans," Davian explained to me. "I can't let B4U fans hate you, because I know you have to deal with jealous fans once our relationship is made public. Therefore, one thing at a time is better, right?"

"Yeah, thank you so much for thinking about that," I said, giving him a tight-lipped smile. When the boys laughed, I glanced at Declan. "Why did you tell me that something happened to Davian? My heart had jumped to my throat."

"Well, something did happen. I didn't lie," Declan said innocently.

"Oh, really? What happened?" I inquired, putting a hand on my hip.

"He fell for the romance trap," with that, Declan burst into laughter once again. He was having way too much fun.

"Okay, guys, I am starving. Let's have dinner, shall we?" Jaxon said and rushed to sit on the couch.

We joined him and decided to have dinner together. There was a table in the middle and the dinner was nicely arranged there.

When Davian served me food, I mumbled, "Thank you."