Chapter 27: Jealousy, Jealousy

Aurora

"Keth, can I take an hour's break after this scene is shot?" I asked Keth, while the makeup artist was giving a touch-up on my face.

Keth gave a curt nod. "Sure, Aura. But why?"

"I have an assignment to submit," I added before he could say anything else, "I know, you said we would get credits automatically, I want to do my classwork and homework properly. I hope you understand."

He sighed in defeat. "Okay, but be back in an hour."

It wouldn't even take an hour as I would just meet Kylen and talk to him. It was his free period at the moment.

I thanked Keth and went to shoot the current scene.

Once I was done, Davian approached me and asked, "What urgent work do you have?"

I gave a tight-lipped smile and responded, "Just an assignment I have to submit."

He arched an eyebrow. "You need an hour for that? Are you going to submit it or prepare it?" When I averted my gaze, he sucked in a deep breath and let out, "Couldn't you come up with a better excuse, Aura? And since when do you lie to me?"

"Davian, I just have some important work. I will tell you about it once I am done with it, I promise."

"Bu—" Davian was interrupted by Jaxon, who walked to us along with Declan.

"I can go with you, Aura. We can submit your assignment, then eat some food and gossip like two long-lost friends and return here."

"As intriguing as your offer sounds, Jax, I am afraid I have to reject it. We can do that some other time though," I replied.

"Yes, Davian, you are right." Jaxon looked at Davian, then back at me. "She is surely lying. If she was telling the truth, no way in hell would she turn down such a golden offer."

Davian crossed his arms against his chest, his eyes fixated on me, as if waiting for me to tell the truth.

I avoided his intense gaze and told Jaxon, "Hey, just trust me, okay?"

I couldn't tell them the truth yet. If they learned that I was meeting Kylen, they would never let me go alone.

"Are you going to meet Kylen again, by any chance?" Declan asked suspiciously, and I felt like punching him for being so observant and smart all the time.

I managed to keep a straight face because if I gave any reaction, Declan might figure it out. "Dee, just trust me, please."

"Again?" Davian looked at Declan, his eyes holding confusion and a little of something negative I had never seen on his face. "When did she meet Kylen in the first place? Why?"

Oh, no. Time was running fast, and here these boys weren't letting me go.

"Aura? Why did you meet up with Kylen?" Davian questioned me while Declan was figuring out if he should answer Davian or not.

Not meeting his gaze, I quickly said, "Dee will tell you. Bye-bye." With that, I rushed out, leaving them behind

Once I was on the rooftop, I saw Kylen already standing there with a bouquet of red roses.

When he saw me, he smiled. If I still had a crush on him, that smile would have melted me into the floor at that moment. But unfortunately, it was angering me even more than before.

"You are a few minutes late," Kylen said. "But it's okay. Every wait is worth it if I get to see you in the end, Aura. After all, you will be my girlfriend today."