Chapter 10: Final Audition Rule

Aurora

"Wow! LMSS is so beautiful. This is where the male and female protagonists sang together for the first time in the last season. Oh, my God, I'm really here, I still can't believe it!" I pointed to the big stage in front of us, trying to keep my excitement down but completely failing.

Today was the day to attend the final callback, so here we were, in the Love Musical Series Shooting building's auditorium. I was sitting in the middle of Jaxon and Declan while Davian sat next to Declan. We were sitting in one corner.

"We will be there too if this final audition goes well," Jaxon said, matching my excitement. Even though he himself had never watched a single episode of the Love Musical series like the other two boys, he was always mirroring my enthusiasm about the series.

However, I did plan to make them all sit through all the seasons if we were to get selected. I had a feeling Jaxon would love it. Not so sure about Declan; he liked more mystery-thriller genres. As for Davian, even if he liked it, he would likely not admit it. But that was for me to wonder later when we would actually get selected. I shouldn't get too ahead of myself.

I saw a group of girls sitting in another corner of the auditorium. One of them waved her hand at me, mumbling a 'Hi.'

"Is that the Hellbound band?" I asked curiously.

"Yes," Declan answered me.

"Why is that girl waving at me? Aren't we competing for the same spot?"

"Everyone at LM is friendly. We don't just show hatred for anyone," Davian was the one who answered this time.

"Exactly," said Jaxon. "Except the BuzzKilled band's Kylen, everyone here knows that LM teaches how to love everything and everyone." I could feel the bitterness in Jaxon's voice when he mentioned Kylen's name.

Why did everyone hate Kylen so much? He was really loved by the fans.

"Because he's fake and rude," Declan whispered to me as if he could understand my confusion. "You will see it gradually."

"Hey, Dee, I forgot to bring my lucky bracelet. Can you accompany me to the dorm?" Jaxon spoke up, making Declan narrow his eyes. Before he could speak, Jaxon added, "Davian would say 'No,' so I didn't bother asking him. And if I take Aura—"

"The two of you would be so into gossiping that you would forget about returning here," Davian completed instead of Jaxon.

I furrowed my brows.

Declan sighed and got up from his seat. "The things I have to do for this band," he mumbled exasperatedly and walked with Jaxon, leaving me alone with Davian.

It was awkward now because the seat on my left and right side was empty.

I glanced at Davian and found him engrossed in his phone. So I shifted to the seat on my left, where Declan sat earlier, next to Davian.

Davian looked at me and opened his mouth to say something, but I decided to go first, "I won't disturb you, I swear." I placed my hand over my chest, showing I meant it.

I took my AirPods and put them into my ears, choosing a piece of music to play from my phone. But it was becoming hard to choose a song. The noise cancellation mode of my AirPods was turned off, so I could still hear everyone talking in the auditorium.

All of a sudden, I heard a familiar voice telling Davian, "You just turned lucky because of the new girl in your band. Otherwise, B4U can never get ahead of us."