Chapter 26: A Decision

Aurora

"Sorry, what?" Davian asked after a minute of stunned silence.

I repeated, "Let's end the rivalry between B4U and BuzzKilled."

Immediately, Davian shook his head. "Not happening."

A frown covered my face. "Why not?"

"Because it's impossible. The rivalry started ever since the bands were formed, and even the people outside LM know about this. It's an official rivalry."

I rolled my eyes. "What rivalry can't end, Davian? It's been only two years, so there's still time to end this rivalry before it lasts till eternity."

"No means no, Aurora, and I don't want to hear anything about this anymore." With that, he walked out of the RV before I could say anything else to him.

I exhaled a sigh.

I had to talk to Kylen about it now. If he agreed to end the rivalry, then Davian would easily accept the offer.

As I was too tired today, I decided to talk to Kylen tomorrow during school. I didn't have a morning shoot tomorrow, so I could attend classes. While I didn't like skipping classes, I would talk to Kylen since I was allowed to cut back on classes due to shooting.

###

Last night, Davian and I didn't talk at all after that disagreement.

Today, after breakfast, I rushed to school as soon as possible, telling the boys that I had important work to do. They didn't ask for any further details, and seeing Davian, I felt like he wanted to ask me, but he refrained from doing so.

I saw the BuzzKilled bandmates standing at one corner of the hallway, talking about something.

Hesitantly, I walked toward them. "Hey," I greeted, and four pairs turned to me right that instant.

"Hey, Aura," Kiara chirped. "I thought you won't be at school today."

"I didn't have morning shoots today," I informed her, then glanced at Kylen, who was already looking at me. "Are you free right now?"

Kylen raised his brows. "Me?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, you."

"Why?"

"I want to talk to you in private," I added the last word, especially so that everyone could understand that I wanted to talk to Kylen only.

"I am a little bit busy, but okay, I think I can squeeze in some time for you," Kylen said to me. "I will be back, guys," he informed his bandmates and signaled me to walk ahead so that he could follow me.

Well, at least Kylen was in a good mood, so he agreed easily to talk to me, unlike Davian, who didn't even listen to me properly.

"No means no, Aurora," I mimicked Davian's words faintly.

"Did you say something?" Kylen inquired, but I shook my head in denial.

Once we reached an empty classroom, we got inside, and I turned to Kylen.

Mustering enough courage, I started speaking, "I know it's going to sound out of the blue, but I want you to consider it properly. I want you to end the rivalry with B4U. It's not too late, you know. I mean, we are still high schoolers, so we have our whole lives ahead. Most importantly, we all share a common passion, that is music. Don't you see we are all tied together in the same string of fate? I don't get the point of prolonging this rivalry, so can we not drag any longer?"